Waterbed sprung a leak!! :(

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by Beadlady, Jan 24, 2009.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Went to tuck in the blanket tonight and it felt wet--got hubby and we pulled back the mattress and it appears to be somewhere on my side--of course. What a stinky mess!!!!!

Pulled off the mattress pad, sheet & blanket. Fortunately we do have a matthress liner so at this time it has not leaked into the wood.

We pulled back the mattress and wiped it off trying to find out where the leak is--if we can figure that out we could try to patch it. ---But who knows where the patch kit is,

We may have to drain it and try to get another mattress--don't even know if we can buy a waterbed mattress locally. Next option would be to try getting a regular mattress--either way it is money we don't have in the first place.

If we didn't have bad luck we wouldn't have no luck!!!
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Watch out for the Rapids

My waterbed has sprung a leak.
    Enuff to make me holler "EEK!"

It goes to show one hadn't oughter
    Mess around with untamed water.

Actually, back in the 70s, I wanted to get a waterbed myself.

My wife said it would just un-nerve her.
    I bought a blow-up life preserver.

3. sisland

sisland New Member

Used to own at least 2 waterbeds in the past and had nothing but bad luck with them in the leak dept. once the cat scratched a hole in my daughters water bed mattress ,,,,,not a good scene!,,,,,but i remember useing dishsoap on the mattress to find the leak hole,,,,,becuse it will bubble up when it comes in contact with the hole and the water seeping out,,,,,Hope this helps!,,,,,you can find those patch kits at the $ store,,,,or at your local super market,,,don't think they are to spendy,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,or try duct tape (Lots!) if the hole isn't to large,,,,,,Goodluck!,,,

Ok i just had another idea,,,,you can get thoes double lofted blow up mattress's at walmart or other stores for like $ 30.00,,,,,,My girls have used them over the years while in college and moving around alot,,,,,,they are made really well these days,,,,,,,,,,,,,Sis