WAY overdid it yesterday/paying for it today

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by KayL, Jul 11, 2003.

1. KayL

KayL New Member

Yesterday I had a splitting headache all day at work. I was taking my regular meds, and I took some Benadryl, because I was having allergy symptoms. Headache went away, I left work early, and felt better so decided to go to the grocery. Did that, came home, got everything put away, and decided since it wasn't raining for a change, to mow the lawn. It took me 3 hours. It was so hard, the grass was so high, and I was determined to get it done, since more rain is forecast.

An hour later I was physically sick. My neck had been hurting when I was in the yard, but afterwards it was throbbing, my head was throbbing again, I was nauseated and just felt sick overall. Everything hurt. All I could do was lie with an ice pack on the back of my neck and my head. It hurt so much I literally couldn't move and I couldn't take anything for it because I was so nauseated.

After about 3 hours the nausea passed and I took my Elavil and a Zanaflex, which I had stopped taking, but I needed to sleep.

Today, every part of my body is hurting so much, and even the front of my chest, I guess it's my breastbone is hurting - the bones hurt to even touch it. This is a new one for me. Is that a normal part of this DD? I thought I'd had pain in every place I *could* have it, but apparently not.

Guess I should have listened to that little voice in my head that was telling me to quit before it was too late. :-(

Karen
  2. granmakitty12

granmakitty12 New Member

for your painful flare-up. Hope this doesn't ruin your week end for you. Take care of yourself!! Granmakitty
  3. Member

Member New Member

Hi Karen - wow can I relate to your message. I am guilty of overdoing so many times, although I think I'm getting better but not before I start to get symptomatic. I did exactly that today and hope I don't pay for it tomorrow :)

Yep - pain in the chest and breastbone is fairly new for me and I wondered the same thing "can any place else hurt"? I think it might be the muscles in that area that are hurtin. Hope you feel better soon!! Member.. Pat
  4. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Key words here - Pace yourself! You way overdid it.

I get quite a bit of chest/breastbone pain. Once after 5 days ended up in ER - no heart problems, JUST FM! Very frustrating.

Take care and remember - Pace yourself!
  5. KayL

KayL New Member

than to push myself - I do! Sometimes I get too focused on getting things done, rather than leaving them until later. I guess I've been obsessing about the freaking grass because it's rained for 40 days and 40 nights here, and I know that more rain means the grass is going to grow another 6".

I usually just do what I can do *safely*, it took a while for me to be able to do things that way. Maybe this is *nature's* way of letting me know how bad it can get?? LOL

Seriously though, I realize now that I've put myself into a flare and this one IS my fault. I've never had the breastbone pain before though and it was kinda scarey.

Karen