Ways to show your family you love them when you don't feel well..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by katvwolf, Feb 23, 2007.

1. katvwolf

katvwolf New Member

Hi everyone!

I was just sitting here thinking about how I (and a lot of us on here) feel guilty because sometimes I/we can't be the perfect wife or mom (or daughter/friend/etc.), due to being in pain.

I thought maybe we could all make up a list of things we can do to show our family/friends that they're loved, even when we don't feel physically capable?

One of the things I do is write little notes on Post-Its and leave them around the house for my husband to surprise him. I'll write, "I love you!", and stick the note in his medicine cabinet or business planner, or write some other little note to remind him how much he is adored. He laughs when he finds these on his computer monitor, or his car keys. :) I sometimes do this with my kids, too. My son loves to open the refrigerator and find a note on the milk for him. :)

I also send my friends random cards, just to say that I miss them or that I'm thinking of them.

Kat

2. tngirl

tngirl New Member

Great idea!
  3. myjoy

myjoy New Member

That's nice, and a wonderful idea. People love to hear they are important!

myjoy
  4. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I think that my family enjoys them! But seeing that they are all male...many times they don't even mention that they read them!LOL

I feed them! When I am having a good day..I will make a favorite cookie..or a favorite meal...So they know they are thought of by me.

I also TALK. I say out loud thankyous..and I love yous..and tell them what them assissting me in my life means to me. I am always mindful that I am a bit more work these days..and I make sure when they do something for me..that in the past I would have done on my own, that I at least offer up a thank you..and mean it!
  5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

reinforcements are much more effective than complaints and criticism.

I will be the first to admit Iam not always complimentary, and positive especially when Iam having my worst days of pain..............but showing and telling our families we appreciate the things they do,....do right makes all the difference in the world!

Hugs
    Doxy