We all sound like a broken record. LOL

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Hasbeen, Dec 31, 2002.

1. Hasbeen

Hasbeen New Member

We all keep saying the same old things over and over and over. Pain, sinus problems, fatigue, depression,sore throats,suicide, night sweats, memory loss, this pill that pill. It's just so dag gone depressing. Day in and day out we struggle for survival. And people talking about you behind your back. It isn't anything wrong with her. She's just lazy. She's just as able to work as I am. Who the heck do these people think they are. They don't know poop about us. Until you've walked in a persons shoes you don't have a clue. I've got 2 sister-in-laws that I think I could just strangle. I try to be friendly to everyone and i see myself as a decent person. But what do you do about these kind of stupid butt people. And they even pretend to be christian people is the worst or may I say sadest part. i know i'm venting again but I've has a terrible Christmas. My Granny had a stroke the Sat. before Christmas. She's doing much better thanks to our Great God. Of course my 2 sweet sister-in-laws think they are the great Gods. They make me sick to my stomach. burrrrrr pppp They have acted so much a suck up.
    You guys may think I'm exaggerating but believe me I'm not.
    My therapist said I think you have a legitamate reason for feeling the way you do. Of course he knows everything about it. If I told you guys about it all we might be on the same post for the rest of Jan. Let me say this. One of them is an old sister-in-law that will do anything in the world for you but you better not take that shield off your back. And the new one must have some kind of problem with me because she will not even speak to me. do you know how this makes me feel. Yea I knew you guys would. And yes I have confronted her nicely about it. But she says theres nothing wrong. I talked to my brother about it and all I ended up with was me in tears. And him saying that I made her mad when I ask her what was wrong. O.K. I'll shut up for now. But I just had to get this off my chest tonight. thanks guys for all your support. God Bless You!
  2. 1maqt

1maqt New Member

Hello Hasbeen,
    You're right, we do sound like a broken record, but it seems like we are the only ones who care to listen...Some
    how I find it comforting to know I am not alone. So many times I think I am loosing my mind because noone could have tnis many things wrong with them.

Then as I read the posts of others, I know there are many others suffering with me.

I know how you feel, I have family that aren't always kind either. It is easier to take from a stranger, who cares, but family?

My husbands family sat at my kitchen table talking about
    "Those" people meaning my church, as if I weren't there. At my youngest daughter's wedding, they ignored us! They do my husband the same way. We have never tried to preach to them.
    In fact, we used to take his mother to their church when she was alive. I didn't feel contaminated....

Do you think people fear what they don't understand? I have people at church who ignor me, as if I want to miss church .
    Many don't even know me, and make a judgement. We just pray for them. 1maqt

3. Kea

Kea New Member

Aloha and Happy New Year. I wish I could send some of this beautiful morning to you.
    But even with this beautiful weather here I still hurt.
    in Hawaii. New Years/Fireworks are a big deal here. I mean to the point where a blue haze hangs in the air all the next day. Last night my dog was going crazy most of the night. (15 pounds Westie) She was running everwhich way. I HURT so bad I could not pick her up. It was easier to let her jump up on my bed and hide under the covers. Good point... she was shaking so hard that she felt like a warm viberator against my feet.
    Happy New Year
    Kea
  4. PAT

PAT New Member

And it's so frustrating. I feel your aggravation. You know, I rarely complain out loud at home. I do most of my whining to one friend, who listens without judgement. So, when I am having a particularly bad flare, I would like to be able to cry and vent in my own house. BUT I can just feel the door shutting in my husband's mind as soon as I say "I am really in a lot of pain today." He's one of those who feels if you don't talk about what's ailing you, it will just disappear!

Oh, I wish!!!!

Family can be so cruel. Even when they think they are trying to be helpful. "I read that if you eat more garlic, you will flush out all the bad things in your system." Huh! Stink them out, I say.
    Ayway, I know family can be SO discouraging, and that's why I am so thankful to have found this site! I hope this New Year starts out on a better note for you! Patti G
  5. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

We could sell billions of records with all our problems. I've gotten to the point that when I'm asked how I feel today, my response is "I'm OK". I get tired of hearing myself repeat the same stuff day after day. It is so frustrating I could scream. If I didn't have the support line here, I don't know how I would survive.

Keep the peace in the family. I have a SIL that I'm not fond of either, but she is my brothers wife and he is the one who has to live with her. Poor thing...

Have a great day! Lisa
  6. greyhoundlady

greyhoundlady New Member

The best defense is a good offense. Print up some of the easier material about the disease that is found in the library here. If you give them stacks of papers, they just might get the idea that this is for real.

Stay out of your SIL's way. Why aggravate yourself?
    Good luck,GHLDY