We are asking the wrong person

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by tedebear, Dec 12, 2002.

1. tedebear

tedebear New Member

We keep harping on Dr. Phil to do a show on FM and CFS. I think we have the wrong person to help us.
    I just e-mailed Montel Williams to do a show about us. Don't know if any of you are aware but he has MS and would be a prime candidate in making a wonderful show about us.
    Don't want to step on anyones toes, but hope he helps our awareness to the public.
    Soft hugs to everyone today.
  2. tedebear

tedebear New Member

We keep harping on Dr. Phil to do a show on FM and CFS. I think we have the wrong person to help us.
    I just e-mailed Montel Williams to do a show about us. Don't know if any of you are aware but he has MS and would be a prime candidate in making a wonderful show about us.
    Don't want to step on anyones toes, but hope he helps our awareness to the public.
    Soft hugs to everyone today.
  3. blast

blast New Member

Awhile back I had mentioned Montel since he has MS. I agree he would be great to ask, as I have e-mailed his show some time ago.
    Maybe with more people writing it would work.
    Thanks,
    Sherri
  4. allhart

allhart New Member

ive emailed him 3 times maybe theres power in numbers
  5. gracieathome

gracieathome New Member

I agree he is the perfect person to do a show. I have been seeing and hearing that in many cases folks with FM eventually do get MS. And some Drs now think it could be a pre-cursor to MS. (something I have suspected for a long time) also large daily doses of Co-Enzyme Q10 a day have helped stave off some of the symptoms of MS and slow the progression. I have been on 200 MG per day for a year now and have gotten fantastic results. So perhaps its true??

6. tedebear

tedebear New Member

I just got a reply from the Montel Williams Show. They are forwarding my letter to the producers. Maybe we will get somewhere.
    Luck to us!
    Soft hugs.
  7. Stormy214

Stormy214 New Member

Yes, now that you mention it, I guess I did know he had MS. Just another one of those things my brain hasn't held on to. And I think it's a fabulous idea to bombard not only Montel, or Dr. Phil, or Oprah, but anyone and everyone who has a national podium! It would certainly improve our odds finding someone willing to take on the issue.
    Peace and Love,
    Stormy
  8. Trini

Trini New Member

I know Montel is the most accessible but he's not the most repected and honorable show on tv....Oprah is...anyone ever tried her show?
  9. kadywill

kadywill New Member

Why not type in "Oprah" in the search messages and see how many people are p.o.'d with Oprah for her lack of concern in this area!!! Nah, we haven't gotten *anywhere* with her! Yet.....
    Love,
    Kady
  10. Shelle16

Shelle16 New Member

Hey Tedebear
    I agree with you 100% That Montel is the way to go for us. I think he is awesome.I'm sure he could reach alot of people and maybe get something done on our behalf.It's worth a shot!I'm game for any kind of awareness.

I'm definitely not a Oprah/Dr Phil fan they never have done anything for me. I would watch him if he ever did decide to do a story on this DD.But I think Montel can get more accomplished. I to have just emailed Montel. thanks for the idea.I just Love this sight. How did we ever make it without each other! HUGS to all of you.

SHelle

11. 1Writer

1Writer New Member

I posted the idea of emailing Oprah several weeks ago and got a huge response and then someone mentioned doing the same to Dr. Phil so a bunch of us have. I think posting to see how many have would be a good idea...I would do it now, but it's awfully late 12:35a.m. here in Texas, so if it's not there by tomorrow, I'll do it.

1Writer
  12. tedebear

tedebear New Member

Montel with e-mails on this subject matter.
    What do you think????
    Soft hugs.
  13. twjen

twjen New Member

It would be great if this could happen and Montel or Oprah have people with fms/cfs, along with some expert physicians
    that treat it on the show. Along with enlightening others, with thier help we may find some experts with more insight to offer. Please give me the email addresses and I will email them also. Thanks for the great idea. Jen
  14. tedebear

tedebear New Member

All you need to do is to go to Paramount. Once you reach their site then go to Montel.
    Hope this helps. We can't post addresses. You'll get there.
    Soft hugs.
  15. dhcpolwnk

dhcpolwnk New Member

I have both MS and FMS. I've had MS for 35 years, though it wasn't diagnosed until 1978, 11 years after what my neuros and I now think of as my first attack. My FMS was diagnosed only a few months ago. I still don't know how many of the symptoms I've been experiencing in recent years were from MS and how many from fibro. If you need to specify people with both in order to establish a connection, let me know. I'm here. You can e-mail me directly at af752@lafn.org. However, I must admit that I know much more about MS than I do about fibro!!! I'm still on the learning curve for FMS.

--Laura R.M.
    [This Message was Edited on 12/17/2002]
  16. Peace7

Peace7 New Member

Dr. Phil specializes in quick fixes for psychological and relationship problems. Do you really want this kind of person to be hosting a show on CFS/FMS??

I don't want any more people to think it is only psychological or "all in my head". And, I certainly don't want people to think there is a quick fix.
    Nor do I want people to think it would all be cured by a little more exercise or some other wacky notion.

Montel does quality programs on MS once in while but he doesn't want to focus on it or do too many "disease of the Week" programs.

Anne
  17. ssMarilyn

ssMarilyn New Member

Dr. Phil wouldn't do an "it's all in your head show" on FM, and I'm sick of hearing it. He would do a show on us and our families learning how to cope and live with it. Give the guy a break and stop pre-judging him. If you watched his show on a daily basis, as I do, you would know what this man is about. Some stuff is in our heads, but FM isn't, and he wouldn't treat is as such.

Marilyn :)
  18. Peace7

Peace7 New Member

I didn't say that Dr. Phil would be teaching people that CFS/FMS is "all in your head". But, unlike some other talk show hosts, he IS a psychologist. And, as I'm sure you know, people will jump to conclusions. If a psychologist is talking about it. . . .

And by the way, I do watch the show. He stated that he likes to do "quick fixes" and didn't care for working as a counselor because people wanted to come back.

Anne
  19. dolsgirl

dolsgirl New Member

I don't feel that Dr. Phil will focus on an, as someone quoted an "all in your head" show. I do think he would certainly address it as it should be, that doctors, family, friends and others do in fact think that fibromyalgia is "all in our heads". That is part of the discrimination that absolutely needs to be addressed. Once people understand this DD then people would understand what is going on with us, or their loved ones. dolsgirl