We Are Marshall movie released on DVD

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by ckball, Sep 23, 2007.

1. ckball

ckball New Member

Some of you know I was allowed to film two days when it was fimed near my hometowm. It was a great expereince. I saw my Matt Mc serveral times and was in the board room scene. I got all of 4 seconds of film time, but is was just cool to see how a movie is made.

This is a great movie about courage and moving on, I encourage everyone to rent it it or buy it. I dont think you will be disappointed.

I would like to hear from those that have already seen it. This is a true story of the Marshall Thundering Herd football team that was killed in a plane crash on approach to the Huntington airport. There were no surviors. so it is about how the school had to get another team together and how the families dealt with their lives and about how a town came together after such a tragedy.
  2. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

My husband just came home from the video store with this movie. I'll let you know how we like it. It sounds great.

PS I'll look for you in the board room scene
  3. mimimurch4

mimimurch4 New Member

My hubby rented movie yest and we watched it last night and it was a great movie. I hope to buy it went it comes down off price a little!!.

I had beeen on your website looking at your work and had just read that about you being in the movie when hubby came home with it and said "Oh one of my board buddies is in that and she said where she is so we have to look" I saw you in your 4 seconds!!!!!!!! I know that must have been such a neat experience! Just to see Matthew Mch.!!!!!! I think he is great!
    Just wanted to let you know.

4. ckball

ckball New Member

I put my pic in my profile of what I looked like that day.

I'm medicated now so I can't remember the name of the football player with the broken arm. But when he comes in the board room meeting and tell the Pres that "they have someday to say" it flashes to the people in the back of the room moving toward the windows, I am right in the middle of the screen. My freinds saw me too.

It was a high light in my life to be a part of this. I went to the Green Carpet event in Huntington for the World Premier and went to the kick the movie party.

Ok foot is hurting gotta go, I hope you liked the movie-Carla
  5. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

I bought the movie and it was really well done....we all enjoyed it and plan to watch it again.

I'll have to look for you the second time, my daughter and her husband were staying with us when we watched it the first time so I wasn't paying complete attention.

Hope you feel better soon...

Nancy B
  6. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

i looked at your pic...you looking so very confident...just like you could build a house. i didn't know you had cancer at one point...so wonder you are such a harder worker (survivor).

is the movie depressing anyone...i want to watch this film, but beings my depression is pretty low..and i have a son on the varsity football team here in novato california...i am afraid i may get too depress....

i am sure i will watch it some day...

congrautlations on you accomplishment ck

7. mollystwin

mollystwin New Member

This was a great movie!! Sad in the beginning, but uplifting!! It is very cool for you to have been a part of this.

It was a coincidence that my hubby brought this movie home right after I read your post!! I'm so glad he did.

8. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

The story itself is horrifying, what happened to this town and this team all of those years ago in the blink of an eye.

The movie however is very uplifting and very well done.

It's about rebuilding not only life, but the team this town lost to an airplane crash.

Just my opinion, Carla I'm sure can tell you more.....

Hugs and so sorry about your depression,

Nancy B