We are strong...even when we don't feel it.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Jackie65, Mar 20, 2007.

1. Jackie65

Jackie65 New Member

I am home alone all day, I live with my son who is a senior in high school. My daughter is in college and since the Fibro has gotten worse this last year I have "lost touch" with my friends. It gets very lonely and especially when I am having a bad day it is so much worse. My son will be leaving for college in August and I am having a very hard time dealing with that, I will be completely alone, day and night. I was engaged for three years but he left last year when my illness worsened. I am very bitter because he was my true love and we were going to be together always...now I face my future completely alone. I am only 41 but feel like I am 90. And I worry what will happen if I get to the point where I need help with day to day living. I am going to have to move this summer, can no longer afford the place I'm in...I have NO idea how I am going to do it physically. Within one year my life turned upside down...but I'm supposed to avoid stress!!!???

I know so many of us here have similar circumstances and have so many worries on top of the illness...and I truly believe that we are some of the STRONGEST people around !!! I know that many of the doctors I have seen over the years would not be able to cope with all that we carry. That makes me feel a little better when I am struggling. I hope everyone is well today :)
    Jackie

[This Message was Edited on 03/20/2007]
  2. momof471

momof471 New Member

The lonliness is hard, I think that is one of the worst things. I know I have lost my friends, many family member's don't understand and withdraw. My husband is working hisself to death so we don't lose every thing. Its hard for me having young kids, but I feel blessed to have them, they are my reason to go on. One day I'll be facing my kids going off to college and I truly dread that day. My prayer's are with you.

God Bless
  3. meditationlotus

meditationlotus New Member

I hear you. We are some the STRONGEST people around. LIFE as it is normally defined, ends for us, and we have to find new meaning.

I am sorry that you have lost so much this year. Take one day at a time and believe you will receive the help that you need. Is there a support group in your area? I know that it can be difficult to go to when you feel bad.

And it seems that most people just don't want to see our plight or admit that we are struggling. And I think that basically people are very selfish. They say they love you, but when they find out that loving you is going to require sacrifice, suddenly loving you changes. (I don't mean this of everyone. There are many good people in the world.) But, often people are in frienships because of how it uplifts them and fills up their time. You know, FAIR WEATHER FRIENDS.

In a way this illness allows us to find the people who are really worth knowing. Because we can't waste our energy on superficial, FAIR WEATHER friends.

Don't give up. Good people are out there and they will appear for you. We are the strong ones and we understand life so much better than most.
  4. pam_d

pam_d New Member

I never gave myself credit...last year when I got a cancer with a particularly difficult treatment regimen including lots of hospital time, I found out what I was made of...and it was a lot more than I ever gave myself credit for. I turned out to be a pretty tough chick! I think we are all this way...we can really come through when the chips are down.

I wish you a lot of good health and happiness in the days and years ahead, Jackie!

(((Hugs)))
    Pam
  5. Shalala

Shalala New Member

Men think with the wrong head. Although it hurts, it is better you found out how he really is sooner than later ;-)

I am totally alone and have been basically forever. I raised my son on my own since he was 2 months old (soon to be 23). He is of no help to me. Doesn't believe I am ill. My family could care less if I am dead or alive.

(((((((((((((((( hugs ))))))))))))))))
  6. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I am~~~~~~~~~~~~~My DH has had so many things to deal witgh during this time. He wears a right leg prothesis and went 9 weeks without it while it was repaired. I did wheelchair duty, in and out of the trunk. He has been in the hospital numerous times with pneumonia. just recently he had a defibulator/pacemaker put in. Last spring we went 44 days on a 100 mi. round trip for him to have radiation.

It seems as if God does send the couraqge and strength my way when it is needed.

I selfishly wish I could have some loviing by someone. My daughter does for us when she comes the 345 mi. to stay a few days but I guess I would just love a backrub, my feet rubbed, etc. by DH. I get so lonely for his loving care.

We are all in the same boat, so to speak, and need loving care from either family or friends but it just doesn't come easily.

Luv and Gentle Hugs to all