We Are Strong!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by greatgran, Jun 27, 2010.

1. greatgran

greatgran Member

How many days, weeks and years do we suffer but we still go on? How many days to we put others needs above our own. How many days to we spend crying and hoping for an answer, cure or something? Days of Depression, Anxiety, Pain, Crazy Head Feelings Etc. Days we sit and want to do what some consider simple things and can't.. Days of those not understanding.
    Days of wondering what happened to happiness.

The worse part, seems all we have is hope.. When we use to get sick before this dd, there was always a light at the tunnel, we would get better. Now there is only hope and somedays that hope isn't enough..

For us to be able to face each day we have to be much stronger than we give ourselves credit for. But for me that doesn't seem to be enough anymore.. since we are so strong it has to be..

Just my thought for the day,

2. AuntTammie

AuntTammie New Member

I actually had a shirt made that says, "It takes chronic strength to live with chronic illness"
  3. u&iraok

u&iraok New Member

Yes, we are much stronger than people know. They think we're wimps and hypochondriacs so we don't complain and keep going and try to be normal and it gets so hard. But they have no idea the strength it takes to get up in the morning, to do things that are easy for them, to be upbeat so they don't think we're sullen, to do things for others so they don't think we're selfish, to take the constant comments of "you don't look sick".

How strong we are!
  4. karynwolfe

karynwolfe New Member

thank you for this post, greatgran
  5. skeptik2

skeptik2 Member

So many acronyms for us: CFIDS, ME, FM, NMH, POTS, IBS,
    XMRV, etc., but there's
    one that is my favorite for all of us:

Intestinal Fortitude!