WE ARE STRONG!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by healthywannabe, Apr 20, 2003.

1. healthywannabe

healthywannabe New Member

With this illness i always get down on myself because all i can do is lay down. I tell myself im weak, but in the end we are all SO STRONg! think about it, we have illness's that try to take over our lives that many people think dont exsist. We go to doctors who think were faking or the pain isnt real. we have people tell us to just get over it.. and we still keep trying. Even though there is so much discriminationn against our dd's we hold our ground and say, this is not deppression!!!!I am sick!!! There was a study that found that thoses with cfs and fms were the people who were always doing things always going places. dont get down on yourself cuz you are strong!!!! peace....ZOe
    [This Message was Edited on 04/20/2003]
  2. FabuTam

FabuTam New Member

Hi. I just wanted to say Thank you!!
    My guess is you are/were having one of those rare good days?
    I have been off work for over 4 months now and I have started looking into what is wrong with me... I have an appointment with my doc in 4 days and I am gonna march in there and tell him the problem I have... I have now got the courage to TELL him. Thank you. X Tam.
  3. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

And it bears saying again. We are all, every one of us, heroes and heroines. Every single day we persevere despite overwhelming pain and devastating fatigue, plus a whole lot of other symptoms which would make a lesser person buckle under.

I've always thought that if there is ever an awareness campaign complete with public service announcement type ads on TV that they should be patterned after the military ads.

I picture quick shots of all of us going through our days and a narrator saying, "We suffer more pain and fatigue by 7:00 a.m. every day than the average person suffers in a lifetime."

Love, Mikie
  4. DebP

DebP New Member

I woke today feeling the worst. And after my meds, a hot bath and just resting still didnt feel the greatest. Now that I have read your post, I feel much better!!! Your words are encouraging and very true!!! Thanks for making me feel great about myself!!!

Love and God Bless,
    DebP
    (Debbie Parfait) :) ;)