we are stronger for our trust in God

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by shoshi68, Oct 13, 2003.

1. shoshi68

shoshi68 New Member

I am so dependent on my belief in God. there is a psalm (27)- it says though my father and mother have forsaken me, the Creator has not.

I am so sad today and I've tried to get myself out of it. My mother thinks I am a loon, my dad thinks I'm a ditz, my sister thinks I've become a fanatic...I have been told that my practice (religious) has taken me around the bend... We observe the sabbath and keep the dietary laws. I pray daily and we raise our sons to fear God and love God. What's wrong with that?

I have pain every day, all day. I get on with my life... i do not spend all day with the woe is me stuff. i'm trying to put mind over matter.

I need to be sick for a little while. I need to be takien care of and i hate it. i want to take my kids out for the day, cook dinner, be intimate... I care about my DH, and he is really good, but when I'm really suffering, i don't want to be nice and sweet. I want to be ornery and demanding. i stay kind to keep peace.

I belive God gave this challenge to me to slow me down, and i can honestly say that I have become closer than I ever imagined to God. I am very sad tonight, and I can't seem to shake it away.

i'm sick, i'm relatively young, i'm sick, i cant do the things my friends can. I hurt and I can't stop it. it's not fair.

You don't have to pray for me, I just wanted to share with people who have faith that God exists and loves us. That our faith and observance is not weak and fickle, and that we are stronger for our trust in God.

[This Message was Edited on 10/14/2003]
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Praise for sticking by your beliefs. The Lord will surely bless you and your family in many ways. I know the Lord gives us all many trials and hardships to test our faith.
    Some days for me areharder than others, but I just pray even more on those harder days. And I also come here to find comfort and peace. There are so many giving people here on this board. All ya gotta do is reach out.
    In Jesus name,amen.

Danny
  3. ValleyGirl89

ValleyGirl89 New Member

But you are doing the right thing by holding tight to your faith! It is very true that while family, friends and the likes may forsake you, God will never forsake you. And we do grow closer and stronger to Him when we are faced with lifes difficulties. I know that you said you were not asking for prayers, but we all know that praying helps, so I will pray for you!
    Lisa
  4. FibroJudy36

FibroJudy36 New Member

I know exactly what you are talking about...... I am 36 years old and I have FMS and I am in pain daily and my family thinks that I am frantic and etc. also.
    I will keep you in my prayers...........Blessings, Judy
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Yes, without faith, I probably would have given up a long time ago. My faith tells me there is a reason for everything.

Bless you.

Love, Mikie