We can ask "why" . . but have to listen for an answer . .

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by bakron, Jul 7, 2004.

1. bakron

bakron New Member

<b>The devotion that was sent for JULY 2 > > ></b>

"Many are the plans in a man's heart, but it is the LORD'S purpose that prevails.

But the plans of the LORD stand firm forever, the purposes of his heart through all generations

..so is my word that goes out from my mouth: It will not return to me empty, but will accomplish what I desire and achieve the purpose for which I sent it.

And we know that in all things God works for the good of those who love him, who have been called according to his purpose. What, then, shall we say in response to this? If God is for us, who can be against us? Who is he that condemns? Christ Jesus, who died--more than that, who was raised to life--is at the right hand of God and is also interceding for us.

New International Version is selected from Proverbs 19:21; Psalm 33:11; Isaiah 55:11; and Romans 8:28,31,34."

<b>And then came the devotional for July 5 . . </b>

"Let the morning bring me word of your unfailing love, for I have put my trust in you. Show me the way I should go, for to you I lift up my soul.

"Surely God is my salvation; I will trust and not be afraid. The LORD, the LORD, is my strength and my song; he has become my salvation."

When I am afraid, I will trust in you. In God, whose word I praise, in God I trust; I will not be afraid. What can mortal man do to me?

The LORD is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him, and I am helped. My heart leaps for joy and I will give thanks to him in song.

Whoever gives heed to instruction prospers, and blessed is he who trusts in the LORD.

New International Version is selected from Psalm 143:8; Isaiah 12:2; Psalm 56:3,4; Psalm 28:7; and Proverbs 16:20."

I just praise the Lord for His blessings and promises! Thank you Lord!! AMEN!
  2. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

Amen Bakron. Great words to live by. Thanks.

Danny
  3. Lumare41

Lumare41 New Member

Thank You I am going through a hard time with finances right now and really needed that.

God Bless

Love Luann
  4. monkeykat

monkeykat Member

Thanks for the sciiptures & devotionals:) They really blessed me a lot today!
    Monkeykat