WE CAN START HERE ( PLEASE READ)HERES HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by carebelle, Jun 2, 2006.

1. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I have been at a loss as to where to start with Vitamins and Minerals
    I came across this information on another web site and wanted to post for those that have been as confused as me.the web site was heartspring.net
    This is information I feel our Doctors should give to us but they do not.
    I hope this helps all of you .It has me.Its a guild line we can share with others that just do not know where to begin to improve our health

Vitamins and Minerals
    Vitamin E: Helps to relieve pain in CFS patients. Can also improve night leg cramps, which interferes with sleep.

Vitamin C: Enhances immune function by increasing natural killer cells, B and T cells. Can prevent chronic bladder infections by acidifying urine.

Vitamin D: Regulates immune functions of monocytes and neutrophils.

Magnesium: Involved with immune support. Working with malic acid, enhances immune function by increasing natural killer cells. Magnesium is also critical for the relief of muscle pain.

Inositol: Enhances immune function by increasing natural killer cells.

Malic Acid: Working with magnesium, improves energy levels by improving cellular functions. Especially important in muscle metabolism.

Amino Acids: Glycine, Serine, Taurine, Tyrosine are essential for the production of energy in the body. Also essential for brain function.

Zinc: Supports the immune system by enhancing neutrophil activity and supporting healthy antigen-antibody binding.

Selenium: Supports immune function by enhancing antibody production.

Fructooligosaccharides: Provides nutrition for good bacteria in the intestinal tract, improving digestion and healthy microflor

All of the vitamins, minerals, and other nutritional supplements on the list are important to ensure recovery from chronic fatigue syndrome. To ensure that your nutritional supplement regimen contains all of these ingredients, look for a powdered supplement formulated specifically for CFS/FMS sufferers that can be reconstituted in a beverage of your choice. A powdered drink mix is a pleasant, easy way to ensure that you are taking all of the needed vitamins, minerals, and amino acids that will give you the needed energy to recover from your illness.

B Vitamin Complex for Energy
    In addition to the powdered energy drink mix, it is important that you also take a vitamin B-complex supplement specifically formulated for people with CFS/FMS. The B vitamin formula, which should include niacinamide, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, and choline, is especially important to restore the energy production needs of your body, as well as for mental function. It is also important to make sure that the dosages are high enough for CFS/FM needs.57,58 The chart below lists the B vitamins that are critical for people suffering from CFS.

B Vitamins Effect on Chronic Fatigue Syndrome
    B Vitamins Effect on CFS Niacinamide Thiamine Vitamin B6 Pantothenic Acid Folic Acid Vitamin B12 Essential vitamin that is a component of the body's energy furnace, helping to improve fatigue and "brain fog".59 Essential in the process of energy production. This vitamin also removes lactic acid from muscles, which causes them to be sore in fibromyalgia patients.59 Working along with thiamine, this vitamin is critical in the process of energy production.59 This vitaminan improves adrenal gland function, which will boost energy levels. It can also aid in weight loss by decreasing appetite.60 Aids in strengthening the immune system, and aids in mental clarity and concentration.61 Important for brain function and nerve repair. Aids in relieving fatigue symptoms in CFS patients.

Studies have demonstrated that people with CFS/FMS are often deficient in many of the B vitamins, which tend to worsen their symptoms of fatigue and mental “fogginess” and ultimately lead to a weakened immune system.

How often should I take chronic fatigue syndrome/fibromyalgia formula supplements?
    Because good quality sleep is so important to the recovery process, it is very important to take an herbal sleep formula that is specially formulated to help maintain deep restorative sleep in people with CFS/FMS. This should be taken every evening, about 30-60 minutes before bedtime to ensure that you get seven to nine hours of deep sleep each night.

After a good night’s rest, a powdered energy drink mix formulated for people with CFS/FMS should be drunk along with a well-balanced breakfast. In addition to the nutritional beverage mix, a vitamin B complex supplement designed specifically for CFS sufferers, containing niacinamide, thiamin, riboflavin, vitamin B6, vitamin B12, pantothenic acid, and choline, should be taken every morning.

The nutritional drink mix and the vitamin B complex supplement will ensure that your body has all the vitamins, minerals, and amino acids to combat your overwhelming fatigue, pain, and “brain fog”.

Together, these three interventions–sleep formula, morning energy drink mix, and energy B complex supplement–can make an incredible difference that you should begin to notice within 1 month of starting this program.

Conclusion
    Chronic fatigue syndrome and fibromyalgia are complex physical processes with physical causes. The unrelenting symptoms of fatigue, pain, and mental fogginess can be overwhelming and frightening. Partnering with a healthcare practitioner specializing in CFS and utilizing different medical treatments, supportive therapies, and lifestyle changes are healthy ways to combat chronic fatigue syndrome. And taking nutritional supplements formulated specifically for people with CMS/ FM that help boost energy or help you get a good night’s sleep can give you critical control over the outcome of your illness and set you on the road to recovery.

[This Message was Edited on 06/02/2006]
  2. findmind

findmind New Member

This is great information; thank you for posting it!

I must say, it made me sad to read it, though, because I know many on this board cannot afford to do what the article proscribes.

I know this site has lots of these products, most of them and more, and they are amazingly affordable on the plan that comes automatically.

But, even to get these rock bottom prices, many would have to stop the plan if an unexected expense came up, as is common.

To you who can afford to do this, I hope this plan to wellness helps you recover and stay well!!

findmind
  3. diva42597

diva42597 New Member

Thank you so much for doing all this research!!! You are wonderful!!!
  4. findmind

findmind New Member

Geez, you guys are smart!

Did not think all that could be done for $50, believe me.

Hope it helps those who budget closely to know that!

findmind
  5. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I think sleep and good nutrition are the basis for any other treatment. As long as you are sleep deprived or undernorished, it is difficult for your body to benefit from other treatments. I would add Omega 3 fatty acids to their list.
  6. Shannonsparkles

Shannonsparkles New Member

Sounds like a good plan. What is the brand name of these products?

((thanks)) Shannon
    P.S. It's fine to name a specific product, as long as you don't post a commercial website that's selling it, so I understand.
  7. tandy

tandy New Member

I'm sure many of us will benefit from reading this.
    Very imformative post on what supplements we should be getting~