WE DID IT

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by fox3060, Aug 28, 2006.

1. fox3060

fox3060 New Member

Hi guys!
    It's been a while. Those of you who might remember a few months ago, my wife and I were debating on moving to Saint Petersburg Fl from Oregon in search of health and a new adventure.
    We did move (a month or so ago) and all our worries faded and all we were looking forward to is begining to shine through! My wife has been feeling great and is currently holding down a full time job (I'm soo proud of her) deep down I knew that this move would benifit her as far as her FM goes. But it's always hard to leave a place you call home. We no longer have our friends and family on a day to day basis, but we have eachother and most important, her health!!
    Thanks for all the advice with doctor searches and support group searches. We're both finally happy, content, and healthy. (As a side note, since we've been here the weather has allowed my wife to be more active and enjoy herself so much that she's lost 12 lbs!!!)
  2. rockgor

rockgor Well-Known Member

Great news. What do you think is responsible for her improvement? The climate; new drs.?
  3. fox3060

fox3060 New Member

Yeah, I'd say that the climate has really imporved her energy level. I'm sure a more steady supply of sun light has boosted her energy level. The humidity makes it a little hard to fall asleep, but thats why we have AC ;)

Waiting for our insurance to kick in to on the medical side of things, but her Dr. in Portland is working with us until we find a new one here.
  4. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

No I missed your post, but congratulations. St Petersberg is a good place I heard.

I loved Oregon too, we lived in Yachats on the coast for a while(near Newport) and I often think of going back there as it was lovely.

That was quite a move. Did you drive or fly? We have driven back and forth across the country several times with dogs and cats too-ever try sneaking five cats and two dogs into a motel room???(LOL)

If it gets too hot down that far south for you, you may want to consider the NJ peninsular which has a moderate climate and is very nice but pricey.

Let us know how it goes as time goes on. Do you know anyone there or are you having to make all new friends etc, and where were you in Oregon?

Love Anne
  5. Adl123

Adl123 New Member

Good for yoou! Congratulations. I'm very nappy for you, both.

You must be a wonderful person, and love your wife very much. My dad never would have done what you have, as far as moving, etc.. He just made fun of my mom when she was hurting.

Terry
  6. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I'm glad you both have found contentment together and have somthing to enjoy daily .I wish your wife many more days pain free.
  7. JewelRA

JewelRA New Member

It's great to hear of a success story like that! Enjoy your new home and health.