We found a new Fur Kid today!

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Beadlady, May 27, 2011.

1. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

We found Virgil at animal shelter today, he is a Shepherd Mix, is mostly black, has brown legs and white/grey & brown on his face. The tips of his ears flop over and he doesn't have much of a tail. He weighs 48 pounds and is about 2 feet high, he is pretty skinny. He seems to like to be outside and is ok with being on the long lead in the yard and is good walking on the leash and minds good.

We have played with some toys and he has been up on the couch a few times with hubby. Right now he is laying down on the floor next to me.

He has been neutered, micro-chipped & up to date on his shots. It was 1/2 price day at the shelter so he only was only $ 40.00 and plus $ 8.00 for his license. The shelter gave us a coupon for 5 pounds of free Nutro dog food from a local feed store and a coupon for some stuff at Petco.

After dinner we will go for a walk and meet the neighbors.

Thanks everyone for your prayers and thoughts.
  2. windblade

windblade Active Member

How wonderful - you picked out your dog! How old is Virgil? It's so exciting to hear about your bringing him home - and his having a home, and family to love him now.

It's really good that he walks well on the lead, since he's on the large side.

I hope he brings much joy and love to both you and your husband!

Love, Wind
  3. windblade

windblade Active Member

How is Virgil settling in? This is so exciting - being part of it all through prayer, and now he's actually here!

write more if you feel like it - I love hearing all the details.

Love, Wind
  4. BILLCAMO

BILLCAMO New Member

A couple of days ago.....Seems to have gotten lost....

I knew He would help !!!!!

Blessings ,

b/c
  5. springwater

springwater Active Member

Like mr Bill, I had posted a reply to this post few days ago but i cant see it any longer.

want to say how happy i am you found your fur kid and that a lovely doggy has a happy
    home now. how wonderful!

wishing you lots of joy and fun with the new member of your family in the months
    years to come!

God Bless