We got robbed...

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by laceymae, Jul 28, 2007.

1. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I feel so violated...and to make it seem worse, it must have been while we were at the funeral.

I can't believe that people can be so mean.

They even cut the electrical wires from my coffee pot.

They left some very usable fingerprints and we have two names to go with so hopefully we can catch and prosecute them.

hope everyone has fared better this week and I have missed being on here and talking to you all.

2. fivesue

fivesue New Member

and we never found who did it.

But, like you, we felt so violated. I hope that you will get your belongings back and your peace back, also.

3. ckball

ckball New Member

I am so sorry. It is sad what the times have done to some people. Last week someone stole 200 ft of extension cords, and took my plastic gas carrier with 5 gal of gas in it. The cords were laying around the back of my house kind of under my deck, but the gas can was sitting out in site next to my shed.

I didn't even report it. Did you hear on the news about a Kenova lady who got up the other day and had no water.

She had someone come over to see what was wrong and someone had shut her water off and stole all her copper plumbing from under her house while she was sleeping!

I sure hope you get the people that did this and get your stuff back. It does make you feel so violated to know someone was in your house going threw you stuff. Again, I am sorry, it has been a really bad week for you. Take care-Carla
  4. jole

jole Member

Things you read in the paper, not things that happen to you!

People that take advantage of the fact that someone will be gone for a funeral should be prosecuted double in my opinion. You guys certainly aare having double stress and neither funerals nor burglry of a home are easy to go through.

Take care of yourself - and hope they catch them soon!

Friends - Jole
  5. Rafiki

Rafiki New Member

That's awful! So many thieves prey on people when they are at funerals which seems unthinkable even for a thief! It's amazing how some people can function without a conscience.

I, too, have been burgled. In fact, I was coming in my front door with my dog while the guy was still inside and he dropped his backpack with my stuff in it and ran out through the back garden! So, I lost nothing except peace of mind and got a backpack!

Ok, I threw that awful backpack out right away!

Hope you are feeling a little better but I imagine it will take a little while before you feel comfortable again. The most significant thing that is taken when that happens is our sense of safety.

I put in small, cheap individual alarms on the doors and windows and big stickers that a friend had left over from having a real security system put in.

I hope you soon feel...

PS I had to edit this because i wrote that I lost a "piece" of my mind. I have but it wasn't in that backpack!

[This Message was Edited on 07/29/2007]
  6. laceymae

laceymae New Member

I couldn't believe that story about the ladies water pipes...Mom called me early that morning and read it to me.

It is really bad here in Carter County. Grayson has been getting hit bad. Sat. night they got three businesses in our town.

But then, the Ashland paper had the article that told what hours that there are no KSP on duty. My nephew is a state trooper out of the Ashland post, he is the only officer on duty certain nights covering 2 counties.
    Now what part of that makes sense?

I say "HILLBILLY" justice needs to be enforced.

have a good day...lacey
  7. Greenbean7

Greenbean7 New Member

I just hate a thief!!

Our neighbor got robbed, again, on Friday. My DH went down and installed their new door.

The thieves were interrupted when a local farmer going by on his tractor noticed two guys loading stuff into a car. He pulled in and they took off. He got the license number but it was stolen from another car. The sheriff thinks they know who it was and are investigating. Neighbor was lucky as all they got was the TV and some change in a jar.

Neighbor has a rifle he won at a roping displayed on his wall. The sheriff asked if he had any other guns and said if he caught someone to shoot them! My DH said he wouldn't hesitate to shoot someone who broke in.

I think our dogs in the house have saved us a couple of times. Neighbors have been hit and we haven't. The dogs make a lot of noise and sound really mean. That and our back door, which is metal with a solid wood core, opens out and would be very difficult to kick in. Thieves would have to come in through the front and it is very exposed to the road and other neighbors.

We are having a problem with the copper thieves around here, too. They stole several miles of cable that the old railroad used to run tourists up and back from one town to another. Just sad!

Once again, Lacey, I am so sorry. Did you loose a lot?

8. ksp56

ksp56 Member

I'm very sorry. I am sure you do feel very violated!

Although it will not bring back peace of mind, I hope they catch who did this to you.

You are in my thoughts..

[This Message was Edited on 07/30/2007]
  9. laceymae

laceymae New Member

They cut the electical cords off...coffee pot,lamps, air conditioner,the refrigerator and also took all the coils from the back of it, TV,etc...

It seems like that's what they were doing was looking for aluminum and copper.

They even cut the electirc cord from a clock that had belonged to my grandmother and then left the cord and clock both laying there.

I still don't know what all is missing from my storage building, they ripped the door off the hinges and cut the cords off several items stored in it.

the police will be back this evening to lift some more prints, so I actually don't feel like it is my home now...

I want to change everything now, to try to recapture my peace and tranquility...

I want justice, not as much for what they did, but for when they did it...while at the funeral home, to me that is the biggest insult...

thanks to all for caring.

10. JLH

JLH New Member

I am so very sorry to hear that you have been robbed.

I have been reading the Ashland paper about all the robberies going on in Grayson.

My mother was robbed a few years ago. The thieves completely ransacked her home--just like you see on TV--all contents of dresser draws thrown all over the floor in every bedroom, mattresses thrown off the beds, chairs turned over, and more.

About $5,000 worth of items and damage was done to her home.

She had just taken my terminally ill father out to eat on a Sunday afternoon. Since my dad was no longer able to help "protect" her in case it happened again, they had a security system installed. After my dad died, this has been the only thing that has helped her sanity and allowed her to remain in the house alone--she is 78.

The emotional toll it took on my parents was awful. They both feared the robbers would be back and possibly hurt them.

One good thing .... the police later arrested a couple guys in another home robbery and they admitted to many robberies all over town, including my parents'. They are in prison now!!

I hope your thieves are caught and sent to prison, too.

I am sorry that you also have to go through all the headaches and worries that this has caused.

11. joyfully

joyfully New Member

there were alot of robberies when people were at weddings and funerals. People were actually having someone house-set while they were at their wedding and funerals.

How low can someone go????