We Had Our Vehicle Stolen

Discussion in 'Chit Chat' started by pumpkinpatch, Mar 31, 2008.

1. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

I have three sons. One of them (23 yr. old) drives out 1996 Explorer. On Friday night him and his buddy when to a bar in the city and when they came out they decided they should not drive home. They walked and the next morning went back to pick it up. Well the Explorer was not there and is was stolen. Gees you do the right thing by not driving and lose the vehicle.
    Now I have to go through the motions with the insurance company. I've talked to the managers of the Bar and they both said they encourage their patrons not to drive and leave the vehicles there overnight. The one manager said there were lots of cars left overnight on Friday night. The owners usually show up the next morning to pick them up.
    What I can't understand is since the vehicle was locked the security alarm must of went off unless they can disarm it somehow.
    Never a dull moment around here. One good thing is I'm entitled to a rental while they look for it.
  2. sisland

sisland New Member

Sorry to hear of this bad luck! Some people are exsperts at diarming alarms and hot wireing vehichels i guess!,,,Your son definetly did the right thing by not driving drunk!,,,,,,,,I hope all turns out for the best and the suv is found!,,,,,,,Sis
  3. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Your son did do the responsible thing and now this....

I wish everyone had a designated driver to help out at times like this and I'm lucky that my son does it for his friends...

4. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

Thanks. I just talked to our broker and she said he definitely did the right thing by not driving and yes the thieves target the older vehicles because they have less electronic devices, no computerized keys etc.
    She said we have full coverage and that it won't effect my insurance rates!! the adjustor will be calling me today. We are entitled to a rental. She said even if the impound lots calls not to pick it up because the thieves may have taken it on a joy ride and made damage.
  5. lgp

lgp Well-Known Member

Are you 100% sure it was stolen? Could the vehicle have been impounded? That happens alot here--can't leave the car somewhere overnight or they'll take it away. Happens here in the city alot. Just a thought--whichever way it is, it's a nuisance. Try not to let it aggravate you.

6. pumpkinpatch

pumpkinpatch New Member

UPDATE: The city police phoned yesterday morning. Our Explorer was found downtown. It was being towed to the impound for police investigation. Yes my son had left it in the Bar parking lot overnight which is far from downtown. I phoned the bar and they said it was common practice since they don't want their patrons drinking and driving. The vehicles are picked up the next morning.
    We are relieved. I hated the fact that the thieves knew where he lived from the insurance and ownership in the glove compartment.
  7. sisland

sisland New Member

Good to hear that they found it in one piece!,,,,I know it's a Scarey thought that they have the personal info!
    But as the police invetigate,,,,,Hopefully the Thief will get whats comming to him!,,,,,,S