WE HAVE TO TREAT EVERY SYMTOM SEPARTELY

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sharon5650, Sep 3, 2003.

1. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

HI, I HAVE BEEN DOING A LOT OF RESEARCH ON FIBROMYALGIA, SINCE I HAVE BEEN DIAGNOSED 2YEARS AGO. IF I HAVE IT, I WANT TO KNOW EVERTHING ABOUT IT. FIRST OF I WOULD LIKE TO SAY THE DD HAS CHANGED MY WORLD AND MY WHOLE WAY OF THINKING, AND MY WHOLE WAY OF DOING THINKS, EVRYTHING IS NOW REVOLVED AROUND THIS FIBRO. THERE ARE NO PLANS, PROMISES, OR EXPECTIONS. IT ALL DEPENDS ON DAY, AS OF NOW I LIVE ONE DAY AT A TIME. I CAN NOT PLAN FOR TOMORROW. FIBROMYALGIA IS JUST A WORD THAT HAS BEEN GIVEN TO US FOR A NUMBER OF SYMTOMS. EACH SYMTOM SHOULD DEFINTATLY BE TREATED SEPARATLY, THERE IS SOMETHING . WE ARE GETTING PUSHED AND SHOVED AROUND BY THE MEDICAL PROFESSIONALS. WE DO NOT HAVE ALL THESE SYMTOMS FOR NOTHING, IF YOU CONTINUE TO GET HEADACHES FOR EXAMPLES--THERE IS A CAUSE --WE MUST GET DOWN TO THE CAUSE AND TREAT IT---IF YOU IBS--THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG ----YOU HAVE TO GET DOWN TO THE CAUSE AND TREAT IT----------SINUS PROBLEMS---GET DOWN TO THE CAUSE --AND TREAT IT----WE DO NOT HAVE ALL THE SAME SYMTOMS BECAUSE IT IS A FREK OF NATURE, THERE IS SOMETHING WRONG. IF WE HAVE CHEST PAIN, WE COULD EASILY SAY OH IT JUST THE FIBROMYALGIA, SO I AM NOT HAVING A HEART ATTACH, BUT MAYBE YOU DAM WELL ARE, HOW DO YOU KNOW. WE MUST AND I REPEAT GET DOWN TO EACH SYMTON AND TREAT IT WITH SPECIAL CARE. THERE IS A REASON WE HAVE THESE SYMTOMS. TRY CHECKING OUT THE SITE NEUROTOXINS, READ ALL OF IT GET TO THE PART WHERE IT TALKS ABOUT THAT. THIS IS A SERIOUS ILLNESS WE HAVE AND WE ARE NOT BEING TREATED FAIRLY. SORRY THE SIGHT IS CALLED CHRONICNEUROTOXINS,NOW YOU HAVE TO SEARCH AROUND TO FIND OUT WHAT I AM TALKING ABOUT.. I AM SO TIRED OF ALL THE BULLSHIT AND THE DOCTORS AND THE PILLS AND THE DIRTY LOOKS AND PEOPLE LOOKING AT US LIKE WERE ARE FAKING THIS, WHO IN THE HELL LIKES TO BE SICK AND DEPRESSED. WE ARE TOLD WE ARE LAZY, IT IS ALL IN OUR HEADS. SOMETHING IS WRONG WTH THE SYSTEM. GIVE ME YOUR INPUT ON THIS------------SHARON28

2. PatPalmer

PatPalmer New Member

Your letter was well put and I agree that we all have to educate ourselves, it`s easier for some than others.

This DD usually starts with long term stress and a diet lacking in essential vitamins, minerals, enzymes & antioxidents. Water and Sea Salt are essential too.

Stress affects the central nervous system which in turn affects the adrenal glands etc., without good nutrition to support the system it gradually deteriorates like a domino effect. That`s why all symptoms are connected.

If you take on a very healthy diet, drink water with a pinch of Sea/Rock Salt, take Flaxseed Oil and supplements you are giving the system what it needs to gradually repair itself. Garlic, Onions, Ginger, Green Tea, Pineapple, Seaweed (kelp) & Sea Salt, - go a long way towards this.

So look at foods/supplements that have a multipurpose and maximum benefit for you.

Hope you may have better health soon,

Love Pat.
  3. jadibeler

jadibeler New Member

that is exactly what I have been learning here for the past 2 months. I never knew there was anything to be done about any of the symptoms, that they had specific causes that are common to all of us. I didn't even know my symptoms WHERE common to all of us, or that some of them were related to FM at all.

My question now is - do we have to treat them all at the same time? I want to, of course, and I have started - and I'm hoping I'm feeling better now (last few days) because of what I'm doing and not just a "good period" that is going to come to an end as usual. Now that I know what to do about this and that, tonight I added up the cost of treating everything at once. I'm just not going to be able to do it. So I have to pick and chose. That's going to be hard.

JoAnn
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

When we treat one area of our illnesses and then another, we often find that the overall effect is greater than by just treating one thing. All our treatments come together and work synergystically to help us. My Klonopin helps me sleep, gets rid of anxiety, sensory overload, and my tinnitus. It also works with other meds well to decrease pain. ZMA also works with everything else to decrease pain and increase quality sleep.

My antibiotic therapy has gotten rid of my IBS, migraine-type headaches, low-grade temperatures, chronic sore throat, and swollen lynph nodes. As the mycoplasmas are killed off, it will probably also take care of the hypercoagulation, but I will be taking bromelain to address that.

The Guai has definitely gotten rid of the worst of the FMS pain and I believe it helps slightly with the hypercoagulation too.

The Famvir is getting the reactivated Herpes-family infection under control.

And finally, the colostrum and whey are helping boost my own immune system. The rest of the vitamins and supplements just help me overall.

We have to attack our illness on as many fronts as necessary in order to heal. I believe we can get better and live a decent life, but until there is a cure, this is the best we can do.

I agree that we must never assume that a new symptom is FMS or CFIDS. Each thing must be checked out and treated.

Love, Mikie
  5. sharon5650

sharon5650 New Member

HI THIS IS SHARON, GO TO YAHOO.COM AND TYPE IN DR, GERALD POESNECKER (SEARCH) HE WILL EXPLAIN AMAZING THINGS TO YOU, I HAVE LEARNED TO MUCH ABOUT FIBROMYALGIA I COULD WRITE A BOOK. READ AS MUCH AS YOU CAN. GO TO THE CHRONIC FATIGUE AND FIBROMYALGIA PART. AND YOU WILL SEE A SECTION WITH THE USUAL QUESTIONS PEOPLE ASK AND THE CORRECT ANSWERS, SUCH AS WHAT IS FIBROMYALGIA---WHY DID I GET IT---WHAT CAN BE DONE ABOUT IT AND SO ON ...YOU WILL LEARN SO MUCH.. GET BACK TO ME AND LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK............SHARON5650
  6. Ahorsesoul

Ahorsesoul New Member

Love the Chronic Neurotoxin site. For me, Dr Shoemaker was right about what was causing my FM symptoms. I saw results after two weeks. I have now been on treatment two months and feel like my ole self. I could shout it from the roof tops. No one should feel as bad as this DD made me feel. You go girl!