We lost our lawsuit

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lighthouselady, Mar 17, 2007.

1. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

I have written before about being fired from my job in October of 2005. It was a complicated matter, being that I was told that if I didn't take a voluntary layoff, I would be fired. We filed a lawsuit and finally, a year and a half later, the hospital filed a "Motion for Summary Judgement". This means one judge gets to decide whether the case goes forward or is dismissed. Guess what, he decided it didn't have enough merit to proceed. We can appeal but it would take another $2000 and we just don't have it. So, it ends here. I'm so hurt, disappointed and disgusted I can hardly stand it. This is just another blow to my already damaged emotional being. My husband and I decided we just didn't have any more fight in us. Keep us in your thoughts & prayers pleases. Needless to say all the stress has put me in a flare. I'm trying to let it go but it's a slow process.

Thanks for listening, Judy
  2. jmq

jmq New Member

I have not been on the board that long so I do not remember your story...but I feel for you. I know how long and difficult it is to manuver through the court system and then, to have that outcome, is AWEFUL and devestating.

I am currently working and am afraid I will get fired or "asked to leave voluntarily " before I can get some kind of disability retirement. If you need to vent ...you know we are here to listen.

jmq
  3. Pianowoman

Pianowoman New Member

Lawsuits take a lot of energy, both physical and emotional. I'm sorry yours went against you. In time, you will let it go. In the meantime, look after yourself well and come here and vent any tme!!

Take Care
    Kathy
  4. Ginner

Ginner New Member

May I ask...I hadn't read the initial info. with your company.
    Was your lawsuit for long term disabilty?
    Ginner
  5. Shalala

Shalala New Member

(((((( hugs )))))))
  6. jole

jole Member

I couldn't keep up with work because of the pain and fatigue, so I quit on my own. Even then, I was devastated that I could no longer work and feel useful.

If it were that bad for me, I can't imagine how beaten down you must feel right now! Please know we all care and are here for you. There are just so many things in life that are not fair. Wouldn't it be nice to be RICH and keep going? Oh well, just take care of you. YOU are important to all of us...
  7. DeborahLynn

DeborahLynn Member

I can't imagine how devastating that would be. I pray God's sustaining grace fill you and your husband, and may God fill you with a new hope for the future. He will help all who come to Him, and will not turn you away!

Prayers,

Debbie
  8. blkkat

blkkat New Member

im so sorry , you and yours are a part of (our)family here so it hurts us also! ill pray for wellness/hope/& so you wont hold any anger for too long in your hearts. again, im sorry. GOD BLESS- BLKKAT
  9. lighthouselady

lighthouselady New Member

Ginner, if you key in my name (lighthouselady) under username and look for 12/12/05 you will see the story. I was suing the hospital for "firing" me unfairly. Unfortunately the judge didn't see it that way. We're still reeling and trying to come to grips but it's hard. Good friends and family and good friends here are helping. I'm sure I'll be back here to vent soon.

Thanks, Judy