We need your prayers...

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by Cactuslil, Mar 14, 2002.

1. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

Dear Brothers and Sisters...please remember my 9-yr old son in your prayers. As most know his father has decided to sue for custody and is holding our feet to the fire on visitation. Please pray for my son's well-being while in his father's care this weekend...as he plans on heading up to north texas to visit relatives...my son does not know these people nor does he know his father except for the two weekend visitations he has had of late. I humbly pray for his protection going and returning home.
    I also have a biopsy on Monday. Hopefully nothing dire is going on there!
    Been suffering a recurrent depression...this is a clinical depression that has worsened with the custody suit....
    Of course, you all will be in our prayers as well. Love CactusLil'
  2. catlover

catlover Guest

Your son and yourself will always be in my prayers. I know too well how it feels to let your child stay with another person for a whole weekend. Please try not to overstress yourself this weekend and just look forward to his return with all the stories of his "new friends" that he will have you. I always used to feel protective for my little one and worry that she wouldn't cope without me but children are tought little things and adapt really well from my experience. I will say an extra special prayer for you tonight.

take care
    love K
  3. Jude

Jude New Member

you and your son in my prayers tonight and all weekend long. I know how much you love your son and worry about this situation. When I have a stressful situation, such as the one you're facing this weekend, I find myself starting five or six projects and not able to complete any of them at one time. That is how I cope. Start something, go outside for awhile, come back in start something else. I can't sit still or concentrate long enough to finish anyting so I go in circles but somehow this seems to help me. This probably drives other people crazy. But for me it helps with the nervous energy and I eventually finish what I started. Peace be with you Lil.

Jude
  4. Harmony

Harmony New Member

I will continue to pray for you Lil, for your son and your biopsy.
    Harmony
  5. Deb J

Deb J New Member

Got ya covered Lil and Will!! I hate it when the courts make kids do something they don't want to do. Especially under these circumstances.
    Does he have to stay within the state of Tx with him by court order and can he take him anywhere he wants? If you have a cell phone..I would give it to Will for the weekend for safety's sake.
    I guess I'm over cautious but you better off prepared that regretful.
    Hugs and prayers,
    Deb J
  6. BonnieQ

BonnieQ Member

I am praying for your son Will and you. BonnieQ
  7. Sheli

Sheli New Member

I will continue to pray for you and your son, and I hope that things settle down in that area very soon. God bless...

Love,
    Sheli
  8. Shirl

Shirl New Member

As you know Lil, you and Will are always in my prayers, especially since he is going into strange surroundings with strange people.

The Father will be right beside him all the way Lil, you know that.

Now we need to keep you in prayer that you will put you complete trust in Him, and ask for His Grace and strength that you don't make yourself sick worrying.

I have not had to do this, but I, as a very protective Mom too, can understand this much as to how you are feeling!

I am sure these people will be kindness its self to young Will, and I know he is a well mannered young man, as you are a good, kind Mother to him.

God Bless my friend,

Shalom, Shirl
  9. mom

mom New Member

I dreamed about you and Will last night. He was reading a book in a big chair and his book marker was a picture of you and he together.
    Send a picture of you with him and he won't feel so alone in a crowd he doesn't know.
    mom lynda
  10. Cactuslil

Cactuslil New Member

The blessings from the respondants on this forum will continue on and on. The gift of love surely shines through any differences we may have; and Lynda...the picture...excellent. I happened to print thumbnails of my last album so I can send that.....(((((drumrill))))))

Kelly just phoned Will and seems their trip to north texas is off!!!! Tell me prayers don't make a difference!!!God bless. Lil' (and Will).
  11. mom

mom New Member

Tell Will to email me with what type of books he likes. I am going to the bookstore this Friday or Sat. whichever day is the easiest. We will be in Thunder BAy and this is always my must go there shop. To heck with clothes or movies give me a good used book store. If I know his interests it will make the ones I get him that much more pleasurable for him.
    Let me know.
    and I am so glad you are happier today.
    mom lynda