We need

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by SharonR, Oct 10, 2002.

1. SharonR

SharonR New Member

to educate more than our medical community. We need to identify the source of problems for our children and grandchildren. This is a mess, and unknowingly we are responsible for lack of attention, and allowing our government, aka caretakers to be in control. Do you ever feel as if you are awakening from a bad dream? DJ wrote in a posting, "what do we do with all this information that we seem to be accumulating?" I don't know, but it certainly is being compiled on this board at an alarming rate. And it really can't be ignored, it is too intermingled with stark reality of the possibility of the source of our present physical conditions.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  2. SharonR

SharonR New Member

to educate more than our medical community. We need to identify the source of problems for our children and grandchildren. This is a mess, and unknowingly we are responsible for lack of attention, and allowing our government, aka caretakers to be in control. Do you ever feel as if you are awakening from a bad dream? DJ wrote in a posting, "what do we do with all this information that we seem to be accumulating?" I don't know, but it certainly is being compiled on this board at an alarming rate. And it really can't be ignored, it is too intermingled with stark reality of the possibility of the source of our present physical conditions.
    Smiles
    SharonR
  3. dojomo

dojomo New Member

And I am just as frustrated. We first have to be acknowleded....Doctors don't even want to take patients like us. We are being totally ignored.

I unfortuately have a hopless feeling, not just for us , but all of the suffering in this world. Man has lost the compassion for human suffering, power and money is all that's important anymore.

I see Biblical times approaching and man destroying man...seems everything is spinning out of control. I don't know that there is much that can be done.......I am generally not a fatalist.. but I'm realist.....and the reality is...Things are even worse than they appear ...we have already been chemically and biologically attacked. And with war at hand......heads up everyone........DJ
  4. EllenComstock

EllenComstock New Member

of FMS and CFIDS. I also have endometriosis and the Endometriosis Association has been working really hard to spread the message about endo and they raise money for research and hopefully someday a cure. But what's being done about FMS and CFIDS? Is there an organization that is working on a cure? I was just recently diagnosed so I am still learning about this just as I had to learn about endo. If there is an organization, I am curious who they are.

Certainly the medical profession needs to be more aware of this problem, and in the case of many doctors, they need to acknowledge that FMS and CFIDS even exist.

Sometimes I think everyone on this board should band together and write to our senators, AMA, whoever else you think might be able to get the word out. I have now become educated on all the red tape people have to go through to get disability. Of course there are people out there who try and do cheat the system and I think that hurts all of us. It shouldn't take people years to get accepted for disability. People shouldn't lose their homes waiting to hopefully be accepted. We definitely need to educate the public. I know this all takes energy, and believe me, most days I don't have much to spare. But where will we be if we don't even try?

Well, didn't mean to keep going on, but today is one of those days when I am really tired of being in this sick body. I would love to have a vacation from my body sometimes!

Ellen