We really CAN win!!!!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Copper2002, Jul 12, 2003.

1. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

I had to share some of this: A good friend, and former member of this board (& I HOPE she comes back!)just won a VERY long, and uphill battle against Soc. Sec! I want to share a few excerpts:

"....I had been fighting for social security disability for 4 years. I was turned down twice and yesterday I went to my hearing before the administrative judge. He was such a wonderful and caring person. I won ....

....He even told me that I should just take life one day at a time because of all the problems that I have and he said that he didn't even know if he would have been able to survive what I was going through....

....if you think that you are eligible for these benefits, don't give up. This is even more important for us that have "invisible" disabilities. (Maybe the judges are learning to take us seriously now.)....

....It was a long and hard battle, but don't ever give up. There are so many out there that do give up and social security figures if you turn them down long enough people will give up. But just keep trying and the outcome for you could be the same...."

If you're thinking of giving up, I hope this brings you some incentive to hang in there. For those just beginning this journey, I hope this motivates you to step forward and fight the battle, knowing that there IS an (positive)end ahead!

pax to all

------------------
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace all Grievances

2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

So happy to hear this. More and more, we are winning our cases and this bodes well for us all around. Thanks for sharing the good news. We need more good news.

Love, Mikie
  3. zggygirl

zggygirl New Member

Hey thanks for letting us know. I need to hear good news like that for sure!
    It can seem hopeless at times.
    Thanks again,
    Ziggy
  4. littlemissgem

littlemissgem New Member

Wonderful news. I am curious about your friend. I am to the point of not being able to work. I have been with my company for 16 years, but my condition is making my work impossible. I don't know what to do. I have bills and a mortage. I can't quit, but I am almost at a break down point. Is this how it was with your friend? I am scared and don't know what to do.
    Kellie
  5. Copper2002

Copper2002 New Member

sorry to say, this was not the case for my friend. Blessedly, she is married to a great guy. Between the two of them, they have been able to (mostly) continue as they were - except that they are both dealing with illness.

Good luck to you. I wish I had more help to offer. Hang in there, and best of luck to you!
    Copper
    Let Miracles Replace ALL Grievances