We won our case with SSA

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by DavidTeer, May 27, 2003.

1. DavidTeer

DavidTeer New Member

Well It has been a real good day. We went for our appeals hearing in Tampa.
    Gee was hurting real bad from the trip.
    The judge asked only a few questionsof Gee such as can she cook, how was her readig and concetration, can she dive and her address. She could not remembe her address. She was in tears all the time.
    The judge then asked the vocational expert if there was a job outthere thatshe could do. He said no. The judge thensaid to us that he will approve our claim. This is a big releif for me because now I can get the medical attention that Gee needs.
    Each of you have been an inspiration to me in this battle.I have a few things I would like to pass on that may help some of you.
    . Follow all ssa directions and time tables

. keep your Dr. appts.
    #. make sure that all medical records are in order. You can obtain copys from your Dr.
    Write a personal letter to SSA. stating your case and your need for this disability. Tell them how it has changedyour life, your everyday activitys ect.
    have a freind to do the same.
    It is hard for a lot of you but what you see in ssa files is not the only thing that a judge looks at. If and you most likely will go to court then be your self and if you are hurting then say so.
    answer the best way you can you will only be in there about 15 minutes.
    It is not customary for a judge to give you an answer at the hearing but ours did so it does happen.
    Good luck to all of you and if I can help I'll be glad to do so . Dave and Gee
  2. ForeverFlaring

ForeverFlaring New Member

I am so happy for you!! I know this has been such a long battle for the both of you and I am thrilled that the judge was decent enough to honor a favorable claim!

God is good!
  3. Kay2

Kay2 New Member

Always GREAT to hear, that someone else has won the battle. I went to court May 6th and am still waiting to hear. I dont think it went very good. I was in a total brain fog (BAD) that day. Am very happy for you!
  4. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so very happy for you. Congratulations.

Love, Mikie
  5. momkatmax

momkatmax New Member

Fantastic news! You overcame the system!

6. kckitty

kckitty New Member

I just got my first denial from SSA-it was weird-they never mentioned the massive amounts of meds (including morphine and percocet to mane a few)that I take-those alone are a disability-they said the xrays of my knees and hip didnt show that much arthritis (which I also have) they never said anything about me saying I have fibro-they just said I said I had it-nothing else about what my doctor has said about pressure points etc. so did you get turned down a couple of times before you saw a judge or you saw one right away?
    I thought since I had a lawyer rite off it would help me, it didnt but now I have to fill out the second appeal. any tips? did you say you had a friend write about seeing your pain? I have an old boss who would definitely write about my work and how it went downhill. anything would help-
  7. kckitty

kckitty New Member

I am just writing a letter for the second time answering their "decisions" you said have a friend write a letter-should that wait in case I get second denial or if I go to judge?