Weak back?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by nerdieduckie, Apr 1, 2007.

1. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

For the past few days now, my back has been feeling really strange.

It has felt really weak, like it doesn't want to support me. It's all I can do to sit or stand for long periods of time.

I have never had back trouble before, and while I'm not in shape, my muscles haven't been horrible.

I don't seem to have any other symptoms of anything so I don't think I'm sick.

What else could be causing this? It doesn't hurt but it's really frustrating/annoying!
  2. Charleen

Charleen New Member

I sounds like Chronic fatigue Syndrome (CFS). I would go to my doctor and see if he wouldn't send you to a rhumey. At least it is a start.
    Sorry you are feeling so strange.
  3. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

Haven't been to a doctor about it yet. I wasn't sure if it was anything I should be concerned about or not.

Which should I talk to about it, my regular doctor or my fibro doctor?[This Message was Edited on 04/01/2007]
  4. coolma

coolma New Member

I've had fibro for 12 years on disability, and I wear a back brace due to this weak back syndrome. In the dry weather of the summer and fall, my back is fine, but especially in the damp spring - my back feels like it's "crumbling" and I fatigue quickly. The brace I wear under my clothes when I have a busy day, is just the one that you buy at Walmart - a men's work belt. They work great - used it for 12 years and it's a life saver. Definitely, it's a part of fibro, though I don't know if any Doctor would say so.
  5. nerdieduckie

nerdieduckie New Member

well, the thought of a back brace did cross my mind today. I had just never associated it with the fibro since I'd never experienced it before.

Seems like you take care of one area and another goes bad :\