Weak Legs and getting worse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sues1, Oct 26, 2005.

1. sues1

sues1 New Member

We have a real recent posting on weak arms. I saw it as I came on to the site to ask about legs..LOL. My arms are also very much affected........but my legs are weak and getting weaker. I can not walk around all stores and I limp and drag one leg...or the other...ankles wants to give out on me so I walk with caution so I do not fall. (Arms, hands & wrists do the same).

I do water exercises, but I had a flare and did not go the last few times. Will be going back soon. Legs really hurts most of the time. My rheumie today said he would give me some shots to numb the pain. I told him that it would not do any good, not that type of pain. Most of it is like I have the flu and ache and not just in one place.

Pain can be so hard to explain. Yes, I know it is part of having this inane "disease", it has been like this since the beginning, over 15 yrs. now. But I am so tired. I had one night last week that I slept for 16 hours!

The back of my calfs hurts, just as if I had been going up and down a ladder working. I can not think of a reason they would be hurting extra right now.

A couple of months ago they did a nerve test, came back okay. He looked at my blood work and did not see anything that it could be caused by.

JUST BY CHANCE..other than "this is just us"...does anyone have any theories or info that relates to this? What should I be doing or not doing and so forth?

BLESSINGS to all................
  2. jbennett2

jbennett2 New Member

If you're doint therapy, your legs should be getting stronger, not weaker.

Have you had an MRI recently? Losing leg control is often a symptom of MS. So is dragging a foot. I think you had better check it out.