weak muscles and clumsiness?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ledev68, Jan 21, 2012.

1. ledev68

ledev68 New Member

hi everyone,
    ever since I got fibro I have been very clumsy, and the icing on that cake seems to be that my muscles are more easily pulled. In the past two years I have fallen down three times, and all three times I have pulled muscles and once even ligaments in my ankles. Does anyone else have this problem? Are there exercises or medication that will help?I doubt there is anything I can do about the clumsiness, I am not on any painkillers, so that is not why I am clumsy. Does anyone else have trouble with clumsiness? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
  2. Picklington

Picklington New Member

Sounds like hypermobility. Have you been checked for hypermobile joints (hypermobile syndrome)? Doctors can do a simple test called the Beighton score (worth a google). I am really clumsy but one thing that has helped me is the Sketchers "Shape-Ups" shoes. I'm sure other brands work just as well. They make you walk in a better way that strengthens your core muscles and I think that now when I start to lose my balance, I'm stronger so I don't fall over so often! I also find that sitting on a gym ball is good for me for the same reason.