weak & pounding heart after stairs?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sarahlyao, Oct 26, 2005.

1. sarahlyao

sarahlyao New Member

i usually lurk (ok, i also have ADD and usually forget to check more than every couple of months) but was kind of wondering if this is a "regular" symptom.

SOMETIMES, when i go up the stairs, i will feel really tired and feel like my heart is pounding. i will literally have to stop and sit down on the bed/bathtub/toilet for about 5 minutes to get everything back to "normal" before i can continue on. does anyone else have this?

i am 34 and had a Holter for palpitations in '01 and an electrocardiogram in '04, both of which showed no problems with my heart. i just want to know if i should panic that this might be involving my veins instead of this stupid FMS.

thanks in advance,
    sarah
  2. weencie

weencie New Member

I was diagnosed with fibro in July and have had the same thing happen to me. I live in a 2-story house with my bedroom upstairs. However, my heart does not always pound with every climb, just often enough to worry that it may be something other than fibro. I certainly hope not. Hope this info helps!!!

Cindy
  3. lease79

lease79 New Member

Stairs terrify me now, because my heart goes off a million miles an hour from a small climb. Leaves me shakey & dizzy, & exhausted for quite a while afterwards.
    I am 25 & have had the Holter Monitor test & numerous ECG's, but everything shows normal.
    It doesn't feel normal though, it feels like I'm having a heart attack :(
  4. jerseybunny

jerseybunny New Member

every single time. without fail..sigh....
    have to have someone push me up ramps and stairs by my butt!