Weak, shaky arm and leg muscles?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by meowchowchow, Sep 5, 2005.

1. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Anyone else have this? I feel like if I had to carry something heavy right now, I just couldn't do it. I'm so tired and when I hold my arms out straight in front of me, they shake.

Meow
  2. skyeone

skyeone New Member

I don't want to come off as if I know it all, because I sure don't, but I would like to say one thing about this symptom. Please see your doctor about it, I have the same symptoms and my doc (not family, but neurologist) right now has me going through a battery of testing.

For your own peace of mind I suggest you get it checked. For me, they believe that I may be having siezures or mini-strokes. I'm not trying to scare you, and maybe someone has a better idea or reason for it, it's just that it sounds like me.

I seriously hope you're feeling better soon.

(((((((gentle hugs)))))))))))
    Skye
  3. meowchowchow

meowchowchow New Member

Thanks, I saw a neuro last year and had an MRI and an EMG and these symptoms started before that. IT seems like every test I have run is "normal". It makes me feel like I'm nuts.
  4. skyeone

skyeone New Member

I know the feeling well. I don't know what else to offer you, but know that I'm thinking of you.

Skye
  5. TheAurynn

TheAurynn New Member

I have had that same thing (the shakiness in arms and legs) quite often. I believe it is a part of the wonderful world of fibro, but of course if you are not sure you could get it re-checked by your doc. I have also had tons of tests that really come out normal 99% of the time. I can so relate to sometimes feeling crazy when I get a new wacky symptom and I rush to the doc thinking something is seriously wrong, only to find out it is just the fibro again. Hugs to you and I hope that this symptom clears up or gets better for you real soon. I am not sure what to do to help it. Maybe exercise to strengthen the muscles? I don't know if that would work but it's a thought.

Take care,

Jessica
  6. jesfms

jesfms New Member

i just had a slew of mris lower back, brain, neck vertebra and neck vessels and everything normal yet my left side is getting so weak and i am dragging my left foot..so is this fibro?
  7. Tiels

Tiels New Member

do you take Lipitor or a same type of med??

I was taken off Lipitor, as it was making the fibro pain worse, and my leg muscles especially were so weak~
  8. zreenie

zreenie New Member

My arms and legs were shaking so bad, for weeks, on and off, I finaly went to the doc. They did all kinds of tests for MS and Parkinsons.Long story short, my regular doctor says it is just another symptom of the Fibro. I was glad but almost wished they had found something they could fix. Another doctor still thought it was fibro but its been probably 6 months sence Ive had the shakes so now I believe it is just the fibro. Mine started in my knees when I would walk up steps and then ended up in my arms too.

Dont ignore the symptoms because it could be a totally different diagosis for each person.

If the tests come out okay I would just wait awjile and see if it eases up.

My motto is with fibro, tomorrow it will move somewhere else. Sas but true.
  9. zreenie

zreenie New Member

My arms and legs were shaking so bad, for weeks, on and off, I finaly went to the doc. They did all kinds of tests for MS and Parkinsons.Long story short, my regular doctor says it is just another symptom of the Fibro. I was glad but almost wished they had found something they could fix. Another doctor still thought it was fibro but its been probably 6 months sence Ive had the shakes so now I believe it is just the fibro. Mine started in my knees when I would walk up steps and then ended up in my arms too.

Dont ignore the symptoms because it could be a totally different diagosis for each person.

If the tests come out okay I would just wait awjile and see if it eases up.

My motto is with fibro, tomorrow it will move somewhere else. Sas but true.