Weakness/Dizziness

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kch64, Mar 9, 2006.

1. kch64

kch64 New Member

Have any of you been walking along and all of a sudden you just feel weak or dizzy like you could just fall down?

I had that this morning. Then I get really shaky afterward.

Kendra
  2. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

Hi Kendra--I have the same problem. In fact it happened today when I was at the chiropractor. All my limbs are weak and sometimes I feel as if my knees will buckle out from under me. I cannot lift anything much--sometimes not even a full cup of coffee or a glass of water. Dizziness is another thing that happens almost every day. Sometimes I need a cane to keep my balance.
  3. kch64

kch64 New Member

It just "came out of the blue". I was walking into work and got to the elevators and I thought I was going to collapse. It was like all my energy was draining away.

Thank God it wore off. Maybe if we get on our "wheat free" diet. We will feel better.

I really hope so...don't you?

Kendra
  4. JimCoyote1942

JimCoyote1942 New Member

Dear Kendra--thanks for the encouragement. I am having a hard time with the diet because I cook mostly Italian food. At least tortillas are allowed, and Mexican food is my second favorite. The chiropractor is helping my body feel better, but certainly will never be a cure of any kind. Jim
  5. kch64

kch64 New Member

I love Mexican food too. But you can't have the Pasta with the Italian. It's hard I know. I like pasta too.

No, the Chiro won't cure you, but it will help. Give it several months. It took about three months for me to see a big difference.

You're welcome for the encouragement. That's why we're all here right?

Thanks for your help too.

Kendra
  6. Cromwell

Cromwell New Member

i FELT LIKE THIS. tOTALLY IMPACTED my life worse than the pain which I can deal with.

I was just on antibiotoics and BINGO, all of a sudden no more weakness and dizziness.

I had been tested for infection four times, but it seems I may have had one lurking.

I cannot tell you how happy I am to be rid of this. Maybe it would work for you?

Oove Anne C
  7. kch64

kch64 New Member

I hope I don't need antibiotics. I'm allergic to so many of them.

Maybe I'll try a natural antibiotic and see if it helps.

Thanks for your input.

K.
  8. berrytired

berrytired New Member

Yup, had a bad case walking out of the mall yesterday...this is actually one of my first symptoms that I can remember looking back to when this all started.
  9. Jackie41

Jackie41 Member

I've had this problem for a few years. I wouldn't call it dizzy in the sense of the room spinning around, but my legs just get wobbly if I walk very far. I was only 26 when this started so I was too embarrassed to use any walking aids at first. Finally I got so tired of not going anywhere for fear of my legs giving out, that I started using 2 canes, which helped. Once I got over the embarrassment, I switched to forearm canes which work so much better. I also have a rolling walker which I mostly use around the house, but I usually use the forearm canes when I go out. With the walking aids, I can pretty much go anywhere I want without fear of falling, and I got over the embarrassment fairly soon, so the extra freedom makes up for the inconvenience of being on crutches.

Jackie
  10. Crispangel66

Crispangel66 New Member

I always feel like that, the weakness mostly.

Don't ya just hate that feeling?

Pamela
  11. day2day

day2day Member

I don't even have to be walking, I can just be standing or even sitting. My problem is not only do i feel dizzy but I actually start blacking out and have to fight to not pass out. I have extremely low blood pressure though.

It's hard enough dealing with the pain, but the dizzyness is debilitating on its own.

I bought a brand new car in May of 2004, and because of my many varied dizzyness and pain attacks....I only have 7000 total for 2 years on my odometer. LOL, at least my car will last a long time.

day2
  12. kch64

kch64 New Member

Pamela-yes, i hate that feeling of unsteadiness.

I get it sometimes when I'm just standing also. It's as if I'm going to fall down into a heap.

Thank God it passes for me, or I would fall into a heap.

It's no fun, that's for sure.

Kendra
  13. sydneysider

sydneysider Member

I've occasionally had a type of weakness where I feel weak at the knees. It's come over me within a matter of seconds. I felt instinctively that it was low blood sugar, and bought an icecream, or something sweet, straight away. It worked every time.

Also, as mentioned above, it may be low blood pressure causing those type of symptoms.