Weakness in arms?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by lenasvn, Feb 2, 2006.

1. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I have this problem with my arms and wonder if anyone have any idea what it could be. For example if I use my aerobic excerciser (which I can only do for a few minutes before I'm exhausted,,GEE!) my arms hurt really bad, likeif they were filled with acid, and after two minutes if I push it, they hurt from this so that they go limb. It started 3 years ago in my hands, but it has spread up into my arms all the way around to my shoulder blades. If I whisk gravy for 30 seconds the same thing happens, I get so weak and it hurts in that arm I hve to stop. It depends on what I do, i can hold my daughter without any problems, it's when my arm is doing repetative movement, and above a surten level of my body, seems like. It's like the musles are breaking, wasting, don't know what. Any experience or ideas anyone? I have not gotten diagnosed with FM or CFS as of yet, just have some bothersome problems! Hugs!
  2. musikmaker

musikmaker New Member

The is a problem that is worse when I am tired. I am extremely weak and like you can't do repetitive things. I have been diagnoised with Fibro.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

in the past- severe! It seems I have ached out, it seems fused back there, not much pain, but stiffness. I think I have a nerve compression there. Since my neck is only hurting sometimes it is hard to make my doc. understand that there is a real problem. I'm not into faking to get my issues adressed, and shouldn't have to.
  4. MamaR

MamaR New Member

I am back!

I have this same problem. I have disc problems in neck and low back. I can't even use my arms for long at a time or this happens.

I have give up on whipping cakes with wisk!!!

How have you been lately... otherwise?

How are your sweet children?

MamaR
  5. NanaPoppy

NanaPoppy New Member

When I had the same problem, I was told by 3 doctors that I had tendonitis, so I had CT scans of the areas which showed no inflammation, yet they still say it's tendonitis, so I stopped anything creating repetitive motion. Now I wake up with the same feeling, even numbness in my hands. Another doctor said it was pinched nerves in my neck and should get Botox treatments, yeah right, try to get your insurance company to agree to that. Then next doctor said there was never any tendonitis and that maybe it was a rotator cuff issue in which you would need to visit a sports medicine practice. This doctor had all of the same symptoms you mentioned. Hope the last part of this helps. I think some doctors just don't want to find the problem so they say tendonitis.
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

nanaPoppy, I will look into those issues online, thanks!

MamaR, I am so glad you're online! So you can't do your cakes either? I am a big baker, and like to wisk the soft cake mix by hand for some reason, it takes forever since I have to rest so much. I do believe it is my servical spine and I need to demand an MRI. My life is floating, trying to get help from a doc, so what's new there,. First hopeful, then after a while, I start sagging and wonder if I'll ever gonna get help. I can't keep looking for docs, it's insain!

Musikmaker, it is a pain, are you a musik maker by chance? I was a base guitarist for many years, jazz, blues fusion, trash,,, now I can't use my hands at all, totally destroyed by pain. But I can still enjoy listening and critique others produtions before release! I still got my nose in, in other words.

Msmoody, I always appreciate your wise advise, and you get me going to stand up for myself, i tend to wimp out in front of a doc that lift his eye brows when I pull the list of all my problems. Bah!
  7. SherylD

SherylD Guest

My neck just kills me all the time..Has for many years..Plus my jaw and head hurt bad.

If I do anything my arms just burn and ache so bad..I have that tingle in my hands all the time..

I do hair..For a while now it seems I have lost my grip too...I will be cutting and I drop my comb all the time. It really has me scared.

I have been going the dent. now for 2 month and I thought the TMJ thing was the cause of it all.. Well I have had no improvement at all..So he is thinking I am going to have to have a MRI..I'm really nervous..

Good luck to you..
  8. lovethesun

lovethesun New Member

I CAN'T HOLD THEM OVER MY HEAD.but lower I can use them,not enough to stir though.I believe it's just fibro related.
  9. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

I am so selfish, you asked how the children are doing. They are doing wondefully, loving eachother 90% of the time! My daughter cries a silent tear when her brother goes to school in the morning- that is love, plain and simple! I am so blessed to have them!
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Sheryld, I do the same, I loose the grip and things fall out of my hand. Yes! It is very scary. Msmoody, I think you're right, it's my neck. I had other stuff besides that all points in that direction. I will glare Mr Doc in the eyeball! Or, like I say to my son (Yes I know I am awful, really, but we DO joke really stupid in my family)I tell him:- Come over here and poke your eye on my finger". I only say that when he wines too much,,,LOL!
  11. MamaR

MamaR New Member

checked back in...as I was concerned about earthquake area. It looks like they are alright!!

I saw your message.

You are not selfish my dear!! I am so glad that your children are well and happy.

I love the pic on your profile. You look like such a loving, devoted mother!

God bless you.

I will ckeck in tomorrow...if possible... in a lot of back pain...must sign off soon!

Mama
  12. pirtpain

pirtpain New Member

It is simply overuse! I have had the same type of thing happen to me where the arms start to hurt and it travels up to the neck & shoulder area. The last time it happened it lasted for 1 yr. The only thing that worked was a cortisone shot in the muscle area. The dr. told me that I overused it & the only way I could help it was to stop using it for a while. GOOD LUCK!

PIRT
  13. SherylD

SherylD Guest

What about your head..I get strange feeling in my head too..It almost feels numb up the back of my head and then kinda itches..but hurts still..I know weird

I just think all the neck pain... headaches..and arms being week and tingly are all related.

It just kills my neck, arms and hands to be on here typing.

Let me know if you figure out any thing..I am suppose to hear from my dent..He is going to call my chiro and regular dr. and talk to them to try to figure out what can be done..Hopefully they can figure something out..

I will keep you informed if I find anything out..Maybe it is simular thing..

SherylD