weaning off MS Contin any suggestions?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by campbeck97, Dec 9, 2009.

1. campbeck97

campbeck97 New Member

Hi All, I am into my 2nd week of weaning myself off MS contin, i am sick of the side effects mainly horrible constipation which I have been battling for 8 or so years ive been on it. Im down to one 15mg tab every other night and have done ok but i really dont know exactly how to stop from here. I was originally on 2 ,15 mg tabs every 12 hours and have been decreasing it ever so slowly over the last several months. I am still on the short acting liquid morphine 30mg three times daily and it doesnt seem to give me the constipation problems as bad as the long acting stuff. although i still have to take laxatives every night to go at all.My pain has gone up of course but I guess i will just have to suffer with it as I just have to get off some of this morphine before it kills me. anyway do I just stop now? Thanks for your input and God Bless .
  2. John68

John68 New Member

Do it slowly, like you are. I got scared when I got a pre-employment physical and jumped off oxycodone. After five days of withdrawal, I went to my doctor who put me on suboxone, which was the biggest mistake of my life.
  3. luv2float

luv2float New Member

I did a search for "weaning off ms contin" and got lots of sites to help you through this. I know it can be tough, so be careful.

Good luck