Wearing more comfortable clothing?? due to DD

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by sisland, Jul 25, 2006.

1. sisland

sisland New Member

I had to start doing this along time ago! wondering if anyone eles dose? lots of cotton clothing and unless im going somewhere really special i dress very casual.
  2. Susan07

Susan07 New Member

Yes I have worn comfortable clothing for years.

I work in an office so wear elasticized waists. Buy Alfred Dunner suits that are washable and very light weight.

Cotton undies, super thick socks from SAS with my tennis shoes and bra one size larger.

All my clothing is slightly loose.
  3. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

Loose fitting, or I will bloat away in severe gastric pain, lots of big t shirts- I look SOOO boring- but I have no choice or finances to fix it!! And ya know what? I don't care! I just want to be pain free.
  4. sisland

sisland New Member

I hear you on the big t-shirts!! and also on the budget! I have to bargin shop alot !! Sue sounds like you have found the right type of suit to wear to work! hope you have a/c
  5. doxygirl

doxygirl New Member

There have been a few posts over the years on this subject and Iam always happy when I see someone bring it up........because it is an issue many of us have to deal with................

constricting and tight clothing just don't mix with fibromyalgia!

I used to have a wardrobe that consisted of mostly overall, and sweats since they are both loose and comfy!

BUT.....I'd like to share my new wardrobe with you all!

I found "motherhood maternity" shops and now I have the cutest clothes and they are also the most comfortable!

I have no trouble finding styles that DO NOT look maternity.............in fact I get a LOT of compliments and some even from guys that tell me how cute my clothes are!

Try it you will probably like it too!

Even target and other discount stores have a lot of cute clothes too!

XO
    Doxy
  6. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

You are my hero! Now, what was that about finances that I said,,,,,hmmm, oh, yeah. Darnit,,LOL! I guess I'll have to beg my dad (poor dad!), I really want to look "normal" again! I'm heading for maternity!

I'm fine here in a small town, but if I venture into a big town,,,I feel like a bum! I should post a pic of my young former self, I think I looked pretty darn good,,, I have a hard time adapting to my new "dull" self,,,SOBB!
  7. jake123

jake123 New Member

Oprah's program had a person who showed you how to make sure you had the right bra size. If I wore the right bra size, I would be in pain. I can't wear foundation garments either, maybe a pair of panty hose for two hours.
  8. barbinindiana

barbinindiana New Member

Since I became sick with CFS, I refuse to wear anything that isn't loose fitting. I also have a big problem toleranting heat and humidity. I use to never wear shorts, because I don't have the most attractive legs in the world, but now in the summer it take something very special to make me wear a pair of pants, and you can just forget a dress completely because panty hose are so uncomfortable for me. I also know I look better with alittle more hair, but I feel so bad with this DD that I'm totally into what is super easy to care for and comfortable.

I have no problem with what anyone thinks about how I look. My clothes and hair always are clean and neat. Now if only I could get the same additude about people who disbieve that I'm really as sick as I say I am.
    Barb
  9. achy

achy New Member

Remember when we were teeneagers and wore the tight jeans?!?

I can't imagine doing that today....lol

Light knit (no ironing) sundresses or t-Shirt dresses...and no panties if I'm home. The elastic around my legs drive me nuts!

achy
  10. lenasvn

lenasvn New Member

After 3 pregnancies and a body in chronic discomfort, the very undies I pulled out of the laundry basket and laughed at when younger- is now my own favvo style! The good'ol grammie style,,,yeah. If people only knew,,,,arf,,,arf!!!

11. sisland

sisland New Member

I'm glad that there are others who have to dress this way! when i was growing up my mom was always very very particular about how we looked and dressed!............................she would get upset with me if i didn't want to wear snug fitting clothes! so needless to say these days i'm the same way!!..............................Tight shoes are out! only Birk's and some dress opentoed sandles if going somewhere nice! ..................................................mostly cotton capri pants or long shorts tanks and cotton blouses . wear jeans very seldom anymore (sad i Know) it's really cute in the neighborhood i live in there are some ................................................................little grammas that are very fashion competitive!! they are all very cute! they try to out due eathother all the time!...........................................thanks for your reply's!..................hope you all are having a nice day!
  12. TAM

TAM New Member

HI,

Same here the more comfy the clothes the better off i am.
  13. CockatooMom

CockatooMom New Member

YOU BET!!! As I've gotten older I appreciate comfort over fashion.

Don't get me wrong, I like to look neatly dressed, but I am just not interested in dressing to impress anyone.

I like the idea of "cute" maternity clothes. It seems when they make clothing for larger women, they forget we don't want to look like our grandma.
  14. carebelle

carebelle New Member

I go for comfort now adays to .I just can not dress up the way I use to.I'm to tired to.I'd wear pj's all the time if I could.
  15. millennia

millennia New Member

I used to be the girl in the four inch heels no matter where I was going. Now I'm the girl in the sneakers. I get dressed up and put on my dressy sneakers!
  16. elizajane40

elizajane40 New Member

I used to dress very fashionable. Heels, suits, dresses...I loved it all. But since I became sick...I just need comfy, practicle and washable clothes!

For comfy shoes I go to TJ Maxx and buy "Born" brand shoes. They are designed for comfort and usually cost over 100.00 per pair, but at TJ...I get them for 40.00-50.00 !

Has anyone checked out softsurroundings.com...they have an online outlet and there stuff looks great! I have not tried them yet...has anyone else???
  17. sisland

sisland New Member

Hi again all!

I know that QVC carries a line called Denium and company! and they have some very cool clothes!! anywhere from petite to 3x, I ordered some jean jackets from there last fall and they are very comfortable and easy to care for .......................lot's of neat tops,capris,skirts,and of course jeans reg type and stretch type!! also they have kakis and a whole line of other colors!!..................................will check out other web site's thankyou!
  18. lilaclover30

lilaclover30 New Member

I have 2 summer dresses and they both have long skirts. I can not wear pany hose so endure knee-high hose til church or whatever is over. One winter dress I bought 7 yrs ago thie fall.

I wear capris and knit tops. Cold weather is slacks (elastic waist) and sweats.

Have 2 pr summer shoes - 3 yr. old comfy sandles for daily, 1 more dressy sandles for better. Winter is walking shoes and one pr. ,low heel shoes for dress ---black with no matter what!

I used to have 23 pr shoes -0--lots of high heels.

Panties are Vanity Fair nylon or somethuing as cotton shrinks.

Knit nightie and warm for winter.

Exciting?????

Have fun.

Joan
  19. sisland

sisland New Member

for sharing everyone!!
  20. SusanEU

SusanEU New Member

That is all I wear. With all the great stretchy fabrics these days it is possible to look stylish and be comfortable.

My clothing motto - If it don't stretch - I ain't wearin' it.

Sue