Weather Changed and I'm a lot better

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by missourilady, Oct 16, 2006.

1. missourilady

missourilady New Member

I can't believe the difference. Stopped hurting. And am sleeping normally again. I think it is because I am keeping the house a lot cooler now.

My allergies kicked up for a while but we had a frost and even those are settling down.

Still fighting some brain fog. I sure wish there was a good way to just make the brain fog disappear. That really bothers me more than just about anything else. I can put up with the pain - but its hard when I can't think right.

Whatever - it is great.
  2. singingirl

singingirl New Member

This disease is so funny (weird). We got a little cold front that moved thru here, and I missed work and was on the couch for a week. The last bad flare I had was in March during the cool season.

How does the weather affect the rest of you? Does the hot or cold seem to make your symptoms worse?
  3. soresue

soresue New Member

Last fall I had a horrible flare and while not great all year, it seemed to flare again during this late summer/early fall, just like last year, so I have wondered myself if there is a 'seasonal' connection. Since I find heating pads bring relief,I have wondered if it's the lack thereof that sets off a flare.

As for the fog and pain, mine was somewhat relived by sleeping, which was acquired through Ambien. Now I want to get off the Ambien, but I'm afraid of the pain and fog returning. It's a vicious cycle.
  4. Fibrocyclist

Fibrocyclist New Member

I am so sensitive to weather. One day I can ride my bike 2 hours, work all day...no problem. Then the weather changes and my body aches all over, my head feels heavy, my eyes blurry, my equilibrium is off, and I feel completely helpless for days and days! I live in NY State and recently it's gotten colder and drier. I feel like crap! Can anyone suggest a better part of the country to live in??
  5. deb20003

deb20003 New Member

hi Missourilady,

I watched the Cheney speech and finally finished it, still looking for the original post so I can comment after I sort it out some more. Anyhow, here's a little exerpt that relates to what you are asking.
    "********Low pressure front comes through, less oxygen, so breathe faster, the breathing faster takes away defenses (I think) when high pressure comes through things are better." I'm not a transcriptioninst, I just tried to type as fast as possible. But it seems that he's saying that oxygen availability varies according to the pressure system that is active. So yeah, weather affects how you feel.
    Deb
  6. missourilady

missourilady New Member

I just don't hurt anymore. But a new front is coming in tomorrow I think. Will have to see what happens then.

We had a major weather change here - was really dry and hot for weeks and weeks. Then a huge rainstorm came in - we had about 6 inches of rain in 24 hours. And I was a mess. My allergies just went nuts.

Last week we had two nights of frost. And I am still better.

7. Redwillow

Redwillow New Member

It is pouring rain here and I feel miserable! WHAAAA! LOL

I am really affected by the weather. Yesterday was sunny outside but cool and I got so much more done.

Today..... nothing!

hugs Redwillow
  8. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

we have had a very hot sommer since mai (india) and i started to develope MS like symptoms, cant walk, extreem muscle weekness and headaches. and a lot of the other stuff.
    as soon as it gets cooler i feel better and the knee problem nearly disapears and i can walk normal.
    also muscle weekness gets much better and energy returns.

i have checked on some MS boards and one of the main symptoms is heat sensitivety, meaning that the symptoms apear when hot and especially doing physical demanding stuff.

sleep with AC now, other wise i go mad with pain.
    karina
  9. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i think the post you mean was my post about the video from cheney?
    you can click on my name and check under my profile.
    by karina
  10. deb20003

deb20003 New Member

Karina,

Thanks. I'm still processing all that information, I had a very full class day today (I teach) and then I went to TKD tonight, so maybe tomorrow I'll be able to do some more. I'm currently teaching on the cardiovascular system and the information from the video is really fitting in.

Deb
  11. karinaxx

karinaxx New Member

i hope you will get around to sum up and it sounds very interesting , your job, i mean.
    can you tell us more about that?
    karina