Weather Changes and Fibro

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Svette_Palme, Oct 8, 2009.

1. Svette_Palme

Svette_Palme New Member

What I have been hit so hard by is the WEATHER. It seems to be CHANGES IN BAROMETRIC PRESSURE that are the key. It gets very complicated of course, since I might start to eat more carbs, sugars, etc. just as a natural autumn instinct, or to drown my sorrows!! [no, its true]. Plus, the cold weather, and even in my house in the mornings, really causes my muscles to cramp up. Mostly, I am just not getting enough exersize due to the cold making my muscles so bad.

There has been some exciting research into Fibro [ME/CFS], such as Dr. Light's "sensory neurons of the muscle's protective systems" and so on. Maybe someone will do some research that can tie barometric changes to the "sensory neurons of the muscular protective systems" together, or at least look into it.

Obviously, I am just barking up trees here, because I am feeling sort of desperate. There must be some way to avoid this. I was doing so well in the warmth of summer... if only I could afford to move to Phoenix for the winter!! [ya, like a lot of people, I know, lol]

Carry on I guess. Trying to cope.
  2. onset1990

onset1990 Member

The shorter days and change of season are hitting me hard this year. Food cravings, sleepiness, etc.

Living somewhere warm doesn't help me. It's still warm here during the day and I still react to changes in temperature, and get chilled in the morning. Slight changes of weather bother me as much as severe ones, although I don't usually get blue hands until winter, I get cold feet at the drop of a hat. So what causes my muscles to clamp up is probably not as cold as where you are but cold is relative I guess. I know what you mean though. I won't shower in the morning except in summer because I get so chilled.

The heat is not tolerable here in the summer. I just stay in the house or risk feeling faint, having a flare.

My doc says it's the hypothalamus. It doesn't handle change well. I have problems with altitude and barometric pressure too. And motion, ugh.
  3. onset1990

onset1990 Member

how do you know what the cleanest chickens are?
  4. gb66

gb66 Well-Known Member

Your post about the chicken and veggie soups is making me hungry! Do you have a good recipe for slow cooker chicken/veg. soup. I'll bet it's good for fibro. :) GB66
    [This Message was Edited on 10/08/2009]
  5. bobbycat

bobbycat New Member

I went from being outside to being in bed. That drastic. I may have to move eventally as it greatly affects my health. I feel halfway human when it is sunny and warm. Now I am back on the computer looking for support and answers. I have been researching other areas. Good luck with coping.