Weather In Indiana Causing Alot Of Pain... Grrrrrr..

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ksp56, Aug 28, 2006.

1. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Good evening all!

I don't post often to complain about my pain, BUT, our weather is driving my body, and me, CRAZY! More so than usual! LOL

The humidity has been horrid this summer. Now it's raining. My body is screaming and I wish my legs and feet were removeable! LOL I would stand them in the corner, if i could!

Has this summer been worse than others for anyone?

Is there a perfect climate for us all? Ahhhh, what an heavenly thought~

Hugs, very gentle of course..

Kim
  2. sues1

sues1 New Member

I feel the same.......But I also can not take too much in the way of breezes or chilly weather at all.

I woke up at 4:45 AM Monday morning.......sinus headache, stiff neck......throat felt as if it was scalded.

Still have it....just not as bad. I did fall asleep a couple of times today. I had things I wanted to do. Also wanted to shop for a couple of things. But today was a waste.

Lots of rain and all............Blessings......Susan
  3. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Thank you all for replying!

The same weather today! Hopefully, Patti's weather will head our way soon! Blow very hard Patti! LOL

My body aches more in the evening than during the day. While it does hurt throughout the day, I keep pushing on and rest when needed. On most days! :)

Mayline, I live in Fort Wayne. The land of no sunshine due to the Chicago Lake effect. At least that is what we are told! GRIN!

I know you live in Indy area. Where are you? I am pretty familiar with all parts of the state, except Evansville. I was born in Methodist Hospital in Indy, as a matter of fact!

I thank you all for taking the time to respond. Let's do a collective wish that the weather is more kind to everyone!

Kim
  4. azbubba

azbubba New Member

Having lived in Fort Wayne for more years than I care to admit...I know all too well about the lack of sunshine. I even went in to my boss' office one sunny February day (after not seeing sunshine since before Christmas), and told him there was a big, yellow ball in the sky...and <b>I was taking the day off to investigate.</b>

The good news is that I now live in Arizona, and I see a LOT more sun. The bad news is that the weather probably isn't a whole lot better for FM. Every time the weather changes (and it does, we're going through monsoon season now), I go to work and have a gripe session with my coworker that also has FM.

Hope ya feel better soon...
    Bubba
  5. sniffles

sniffles New Member

Hi Kim
    I live just 40 miles west of you and I know how bad you are feeling right now. It has been almost impossible for me to even walk from room to room due to the pain the last two days. Tommorow is to be more of the same kind of weather so we will have to try to just hold on and not worry about what doesn't get done. Hurting bad enough that I didn't want to answer the door today when my sister-in-law came over to visit, but she understands and didn't stay very long.
    I planned to go to Arizona this winter, but due to other health problems, I will be stranded here again. Went two years ago and felt much better during the winter months. Didn't get to go last year and now it's not going to happen again.
    My Pain Dr. is there in Fort Wayne, so I get over your way often. He recommended trying Texas or Arizonia in the winter months.
    Just remember you are not alone on these bad days and that we all care and know how bad this DD upsets our lives everyday. Your Indiana friend Joyce
  6. ksp56

ksp56 Member

My husband and I had a good laugh, Bubba, about seeing the sun after months! It sometimes takes me by such surprise, that I almost feel anxious! Did you grow up here?

Joyce. Ahhh yes, you certainly understand! I love Warsaw. In fact, we have a cottage on the Barbee Chain. We are looking to live at the lake year round.

Who is your pain doctor? I see Dr. Hatch, for back and neck.

Your garden sounds darling! Good for you in keeping it going! Maybe sometime we could arrange to meet at a restaurant or somewhere. Either in the Warsaw or Fort Wayne area?

My pain is worse tonight. This has been a hard summer! I finally caved and took some pain meds. All I was doing is hurting myself not doing so!

Gentle Hugs,

Kim
  7. Suzan

Suzan New Member

I sure agree with you about the weather for the past week or so...I was doing reasonably well..but all this rain , gray , humid, cold front weather has kicked up my pain levels..and made me feel pretty miserable...they say it is leaving...I hope they are right !
  8. rivergal

rivergal New Member

Yes, this weather is killing me, I live in Bedford....I was in WI. last week, no hummidity I felt great, but then had to come home, I was even walking every evening....I to am going to have to give in to more pain meds.....I am so swelled up I feel if I fall I will just role around & not get up
  9. ksp56

ksp56 Member

Very familiar with the areas you both live in!

It has been horrid! I hate that I have way too many 'friends' being affected!

Let's figure out where living, healthwise, is perfect! LOL

Please take care of yourselves and I will pray for us all, that this weather lets up...

Hugs,

Kim
  10. Jo29

Jo29 New Member

I can't believe how much this weather has affected me.

My daughters and I have been soooo achy and stiff. I went to bed last night and could not believe how much I hurt all over.

Sometimes I wait too long before taking my pain med.

I live near Muncie.

Jodi
  11. zielskawoman

zielskawoman New Member

I'm with you on this Indiana weather!! I live in Indianapolis and have been in pain a lot too. I just try to keep moving slowly.

Hugs
    Mona
  12. louiesgirl2

louiesgirl2 New Member

Hi there,

Florida is no better right now. Ernesto did not help. My hubby is from Indianapolis and I know that when I am up there sometimes I have a flare. We are thinking of moving there, which I would love, I hate the weather here in Florida. Hot, hot, hot, almost 12 months out of the year. Plus humid, UGH. I sweat enough from hot flashes, do not need any help from weather. LOL

13. zielskawoman

zielskawoman New Member

Hi Mabel,

I live on the southwest side of Indianapolis -- it's good to know someone is close by that understands the problems we share.

Hugs,
    Mona
  14. sniffles

sniffles New Member

Kim
    I was surprised when you said Dr. Hatch was your Dr. because he is in with Dr Bojrab. I have been with Dr. Bojrab for several yrs now. He treats my fibro and also does the spinal epadurels that I get about 3 times a year in my back. I have several degenerated disc in my back and it really helps me stay on my feet by getting the epadurels.
    I would love to get together for lunch sometime. I don't live at the lake, but am just south of Chapman Lake. Wow---isn't it a small world.
    Today has been a little better for me. I walked out to my flower gardens and done some dead heading of the flowers that were done blooming. It was kind of wet from all the rain but I just needed to get out of the house and my flowers help me forget my pain for a little while. I dread the thoughts of fall because it will mean the end of all the flowers and then there is "tons" of leaves to rake and getting everything put away for the winter. Just the thoughts of all that work makes me hurt worse.
    Thank goodness my son takes care of the leaf raking and I only help when I feel up to it. Which isn't very often. He helps me keep things looking good outside. I would probably have to sell my home if he didn't help since my husband died almost 7 yrs ago. I am blessed to have a son who doesn't complain about all he has to do for me.
    If I can figure out how to post a couple of pictures in my profile I will show some of my flower garden projects.
    Kim, I hope we can get together and maybe just listen to each other and know that we both understand what we are going thru everyday. This site is really the only place I know everyone understands. Joyce