Weather is changing...... I feel yucky!

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by star273, Aug 31, 2008.

1. star273

star273 New Member

Does the weather affect anyone else? Just the smallest in temperature change and everything is achy and I feel exhausted. I hate this. Its so depressing. Any suggestions as to what to do to counter act the way I am feeling when the weather changes?
  2. 3gs

3gs New Member

The weather really hits me hard.

Today had planned(silly me!)to see grandkids maybe take them swimming. NOT guess we have a storm coming in and I am in big time pain and tired.

This really sucks. Wish I knew what to do when this hits with weather. Just want to cry!!!!!
    Hope you feel better.
  3. colorfulcolorado

colorfulcolorado New Member

that sure affects me. I can tell you when a storm is coming, usually people don't believe me, especially when I tell them and its a perfectly sunny day! There's rain on its way here too, although here in Colorado where I live, it usually goes over us and lands out east.
    I'd rather have the rain if I have to go through the pain!
    As far as I know, as I've found out, there's nothing you can comes with the territory, sorry to say. Just read or sleep and do as little as possible. Take Care!
  4. MandaJ

MandaJ New Member

I feel worse when the weather makes a drastic change one way or another. I shattered my collarbone as a kid, so I have pain there that radiates into my entire chest cavity. I broke my back and had two vertebrae fused at L4-L5, so I feel the pain there and it radiates all up and down my back. I messed up my knee and had to have an ACL repair surgery, so I feel it in that leg too. I think the only part of my body that doesn't hurt when the weather changes is my left leg. If only I could send that body part out to do the grocery shopping :)

Taking a warm, humid shower helps me a lot. I also like soaking in Epsom salts with a dash of peppermint oil to rejuvenate my senses and relax those muscles.

5. Janalynn

Janalynn New Member

Long before being officially diagnosed, I could tell when the weather changing. I immediately get achy. It could be hours off before any obvious change in the weather, but I sure know it's coming! We make great meteorologists!
  6. MsBrandywine

MsBrandywine Member

I can feel any front that comes thru.. can be feeling half way decent and next thing I know its like an instant feeling comes over me and feel terrible!.. if it passes thru rather quickly it will pass .. but this past week the weather has been really rainy..

I have had times when this doesnt affect me tho.. so Im not sure why that is.. unless its a different kind of front and the barometric goes from up or down maybe makes a difference..
    I dread winter coming.. I can feel that in my body already!.. Ugh.. I cant afford to turn my heat on right now.. its cold to me right now.. not sure of the temp yet but.. later is suppose to be in the 80s.
  7. jenn_c

jenn_c New Member

I hurt when its cold and with air conditioning. I hurt when it is humid, when it rains, when the barometric pressure changes. It is one thing we have no control over and it stinks.
    I use a heating pad alot. I still use the air conditioner with the heating pad. That is all I have to offer. Sorry.