Webinar re post-exertional relapse

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by mbofov, Jul 23, 2012.

1. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

It's an excellent resource: http://www.research1st.com/2012/07/21/pem-webinar/

Research was done by the Fatigue Lab at the University of the Pacific in Stockton, one of the first groups to document post-exertional relapse (malaise), by doing exercise stress testing on two days, the 2nd day being POST-exertion, which no one seems to have thought of doing before.

On the above websites are links to a youtube video of the webinar, plus other informational links.

I only heard about the last half hour of the webinar and they were talking about wearing a heart monitor to measure your heart rate to help prevent you from going into anaerobic metabolism, and so want to listen to the whole thing where they explain in more detail what they're talking about.

2. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

I agree Mary. It is a really great webinar. I've had those tests done a few times and use a heart rate monitor but I learned a couple new things in the presentation.

I plan to sit down with my husband and watch it together. I know he will find it as interesting as I did. To understand how much oxygen consumption is involved in just taking a shower, or attending a social event etc., was great! So many times moderate to severely affected patients have a real hard time showering without going into a relapse.