webmaster new at this and need basic answers

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ejay, Jan 29, 2003.

1. ejay

ejay New Member

hi!being honest with you i just figured out how to turn comp. on when i came on site.so i'm not sure of somethings.1st when posting reply what is that alert for? 2nd you mentioned that you must make sure person can tell you read there msg does that mean as long as i read thru all the msgs the comp can tell that? and 3rd what are check marks beside topics?sorry i know these may seem like very simple questions but i also have battled head injuries from car accident and am a little slower than others at comp. thank you for patience ejay
  2. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

The "Alert Us" blurb is for you to use if you read a post which breaks the rules, such as a salesperson using our board to try to sell a product, or someone using profanity or vulgarity unsuitable to a public forum like this.

I said when you post a question, you should let people know that you read their responses, I simply meant that you should post a reply under your original thread to let folks know that you saw their responses. You do this by clicking on the "Reply" blurb just as you would when replying to someone else's post. In other words you reply to your own post.

Finally, I'm not sure what you are referring to when you mention the check marks by the topics. I've looked around and cannot see what this is, but then, I've been known to miss what is right in front of me.

Love, Mikie