Website for balance and vestibular problems

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by MargaretOB, Dec 11, 2006.

1. MargaretOB

MargaretOB New Member

Hi,

For those of you with balance, dizziness or vestibular problems, there's a great non-profit org with a website that has lots of info and a newsletter. It helped me to understand that balance is not just an inner ear thing. It includes that, plus your eyesight and your muscle/nerve health, so it is not surprising to have problems with it when you have FMS.

www.vestibular.org

Margaret
  2. Lynna62

Lynna62 New Member

Thank you for the info, it's very interesting and explains alot for me.

p.s. (edit out the website link, it's not allowed and I wouldn't want you to get in trouble) I think you can however, say what you used to search on google in order to find it.

;)
    Lynna
  3. Slayadragon

Slayadragon New Member

You may also want to read this article:

http://www.dizziness-and-balance.com/disorders/bppv/bppv.html

I had this problem. It was caused because yeast had grown in my sinuses (perhaps even in my inner ear) and was pushing the mineral crystals into the wrong place.

This is not a good thing to have. I spent several hours vomiting every 10 minutes and had to go the emergency room. Thank God I got a good doc there.

Otherwise people can have this for years.

This is a very very good reason to get rid of any candida problem you have in your gut, so that it does not spread upward.

I took Diflucan to resolve the problem. However, if this had been a Diflucan-resistant fungal infection (and it very well could have), I'm not sure what I would have done.