Wedding Countdown...11 More days I'm Freaking Out

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kaiasmom, Apr 4, 2006.

1. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

My wedding is only 11 days away & I am a wreck! I feel like I am on the verge of a nervous breakdown. I could cry at any minute.

I hurt worse than I ever have before - and that's been building for a few weeks now. I come home from work & cry. I can't afford to take any time off before I leave for North Carolina (where we're getting married) - and besides I've gotta get my desk caught up before I take 8 days off.

Luckily my fiance is wonderful & is helping with the kids & laundry & stuff so I can take baths & lay on my heating pad when I get home. I saw someone recommend puting a blanket in the dryer & wrapping up in it - I think I might try that tonight - sounds wonderful!

Anyways, things are pretty well in order, I'm just so anxious. I don't take anything for anxiety at this point, but I take so many other meds, you know how that goes.

I think the thing I'm most worried about is me being able to do the things I need to & want to do while we are there. I feel so bad now, how am I going to feel after flying with the kids all day?? Not too hot I would imagine.

Sorry this is so long, I just have so many things going through my head, which is throbbing by the way. I just don't know how I'm going to make it.

Any tips would be greatly appreciated.

Please pray for me.

Thanks,
    Leanne
  2. NyroFan

NyroFan New Member

kaiasmom:
    Relax. What bride does not start getting the jitters before a marriage? You might have to be careful so that flare up ends before you leave for NC.

Work is work and what can you really do about it? If there is a way to get a lighter load, maybe you can ask for it.

Fiance sounds great. I will, as you requested, keep you in my prayers. Have a wonderful day and a wonderful wedded life.

nyrofan
  3. sues1

sues1 New Member

Everyone, well many anyhow, get the jitters before the big day.

Call your Dr. and see if he can recommend anything to help you for a short while.

Relax as much as you can..I know, it is easier said then done.

I do not know what type of a wedding you are having........but things like:

The cake arrives and it is wrong or they drop it...those type of things.....just laugh and enjoy the moment......what really is counts is that you are marrying a great guy....Wishing you both the best.......Susan
  4. Bambi

Bambi New Member

didn't really want to get married when we did, but he was gung ho. At the same time he took the coward's way out and took me to Reno and didn't tell any friends. So the only person we had to impress was the Justice of the Peace and a witness we didn't know. Nope, didn't even pop for a plastic chapel deal. After 35 years+ it makes NO difference but if I was going to do it again even now I'd make him go for the party.

You know this guy pretty well by now and know he's good to you, which is the bottom line. Just pay attention to him and the moment and don't let anything or anyone bother you! Good luck and I DO hope you have as pain free a day as you can!
  5. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

I read your posts pretty often, and it seems to me that you guys have done all the important commitment things anyway....living with each other, combining kids, etc.

I would have gone for something besides a somewhat formal wedding...just say the vows somewhere and go with the kids on a relaxing week where YOU don't have do do anything but be there for your family. It probably would have cost the same, and you would not be in such a state.

This happens to a lot of the young women that have worked for my husband over the years...they buy a home...have kids, THEN go for a ceremony, and I always wonder, why?

Because obviously they are already committed to each other.

Of course, I am older and don't catch on to a lot of these newer things!

Jana
  6. kgangel

kgangel New Member

God Bless you Leanne on your upcoming wedding. I celebrated my second anniversary yesterday. My new husband has been so inspirational and helped me through this dd so much.

I wish you the best, don't worry, it will be here before you know it, try to be more calm

hugs
    kgangel
  7. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Just to let you know - this is no formal wedding we are having. It will be held in Steve's dad's back yard (weather permitting) & is basically a family event. The only people I am bringing with me are my mom & sister - everyone else there will be from that side of the country.

Then, we are staying in North Carolina for a week to relax & enjoy each other & visit with his family. So, although I am stressed out, it isn't because I am trying to pull together some grand event.

Also, one of the main reasons for having the wedding in NC is to cut back on the stress on me. I don't have to do that much really. Imagine how I would feel if I was planning everything? I would never make it!

I may not have realized it before, but another reason we need to go back there is to see about moving. I will never be able to cut back on my work hours with us living in California. It's just too expensive. Moving to North Carolina may be my ticket out of the misery of working full time & having no time or energy for my family. We'll see - not rushing into anything.

Thank you all for your replies. I am trying to relax, trust me. I bought a relaxation CD last week & it really helps me fall asleep, so that is one thing at least. I'll take any help I can get!

Love,
    Leanne
  8. Jana1

Jana1 New Member

Thanks for answering..it does really explain the whole idea better. I hope you do find it relaxing and easier to feel better there.

I know California is expensive! Is it work that has you living there? Are you able to find work in NC? I hear that NC is a very lovely state and being near your husband's family might help as well.

I do follow the stories about your two children. I wish them the best too, and good luck to your whole family!

Jana
  9. kaiasmom

kaiasmom New Member

Thanks for checking back. I have to say, I had no idea anyone was "following" my kids situations. Thank you for caring - I can't tell you how much I appreciate it. I just posted about Kaia earlier today.

I live in California because my family is all here - it is my home. So, it is not as if we don't have any support, but everyone is so busy with their own lives, you know how that goes.

We are considering moving to NC. Not immediately, but possibly in the future. My reasons are more along the lines of being able to stay home & not have to work. That would never happen here - we could never afford it. I would miss my mom terribly though. We will see what happens though. I haven't even seen NC yet - so, one step at a time!

Steve's family would be so happy if we did though. They are going to be working on us while we are there, I am sure of that. His dad has already told him of a job he could have working for his uncle roofing. I think we'll wait for a safer offer! Not too excited about my sweetie up on the roof-tops.

Oh well, time will tell where life will lead us. There's just so much going on right now, I feel like everything's up in the air & maybe that's a good thing.

Well, take care & have a good rest of your day!

Leanne
  10. hugs4evry1

hugs4evry1 New Member

Although so many get caught up in the wedding plans, I'd like to mention something to you and I hope it helps you put things in perspective.

Although the wedding is important, it's the MARRIAGE itself that should hold more importance. Many people seem to forget this.

Try to relax about the plans, the travel ect...and concentrate on how lucky you are to have found this man who you want to share the rest of your life with.

My "wedding" was crammed into a week between being evacuated from a hurricane and hubby going off for the Military. We had a few close friends, drank a few shots, and I had to stop the ceremony to p but....

We've been laughing and loving each other for over 20 years now, happily!!!

So many concentrate on the wedding when it's the marriage that you should really poor your heart into.

Hugs,

Nancy B.
  11. 69mach1

69mach1 New Member

brookisemom is right...

go have fun...it is a formality of your choosing...meaning religion or otherwise...

have a good time...and quit stressing...if it isn't

a perfect wedding who cares...maybe it will be on america's most funniest video's maybe you could win the grand prize...

concentrate on the future of how you both are going to work together as a couple...

jodie[This Message was Edited on 04/05/2006]