Week # 6 on prescription Vitamin D - 50,000 IU once a week.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kjfms, Mar 12, 2009.

1. kjfms

kjfms Member

I am starting to see a slight difference in energy levels and feeling better.

I still have FMS pain but I am slowly starting to see that this is, indeed, going to work well for me. I have even started to clean (really clean) my house again, which has gotten completely out of control.

Once again Jaminhealth is correct, she mentioned that it would take a while and it is...

Well, that is my little update.

kjfms :)
  2. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you for the information. I will discuss this with my physician at my next appointment.

3. dannybex

dannybex Member

Everyone's different of course, but sometimes it's best to start off with lower doses and gradually increase until you get to maybe 2,000-4,000 iu's a day.

I was prescribed 50,000 ius for 8 weeks, and developed a frozen shoulder by the 8th week. I'm not sure it was connected, but that was the only thing I had done differently.

Just my two cents! :)

4. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you so much for sharing your personal experience with me, I am sorry you did not feel you didn't have any improvement.

You should be very proud that you walk every day! In my personal experience with FMS movement is so much better than lack of movement. I feel worse on the days when I have little or no activity.

5. kjfms

kjfms Member

Thank you for sharing your experience with Vitamin D.

I have never heard of Vitamin D causing a frozen shoulder. However, I am the first to admit that I know very little compared to the information that is available and there are so many who are more up-to-date than I.

Did you quit taking Vitamin D? What did your physician say about this connection, if any?

[This Message was Edited on 03/16/2009]