Weekend Ruined by nasty fall

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Nikki, Jul 21, 2012.

1. Nikki

Nikki Member

Hi, All!

My husband and I were finally going to visit our 2 yo grandson, my son, & DIL. They live about 5 hrs away, and we hadn't seen them since Jan b/c of my back problems and then my spinal fusions at L3-L5.

I drove the first hr & we stopped to eat lunch. Being the klutz I am, I got out the car & tripped over the concrete bump in the parking lot.

I broke 2 teeth, bruised my knees, hands, & chin really bad; and pulled muscles in my body I didn't know I even had.

This was gonna be my 1st trip (no pun intended) since my surgery. Luckily we were just an hr away from our home . . . so we turned around and went back.

My surgeon took X-rays of my back and thank God, my fusion and the rods and screws were fine. In fact, the only thing that doesn't hurt right now is my back.

Another reminder to all of us to slow down and watch
    your step.

Very, very soft hugs,
    Sharon (Nikki)

2. jole

jole Member

The physical pain must be terrible, but I'm sure the emotional pain is just as bad. We don't get to do 'normal' things very often, and I know you were looking forward to seeing your family. Those little ones are the best part of our lives, aren't they? Hopefully you can go as soon as you recouperate. So glad to hear your back is okay. My hubby has also had rods placed in his back, and has ended up in some precarious situations since then. It's a worry to say the least. Hope you can rest and feel better soon......
  3. Nikki

Nikki Member

You're absolutely right . . . the emotional pain of not seeing my youngest son (38) and his family is worse than the pain of the fall (which is very, very painful).

A few weeks ago, we found out he and my sweet DIL and expecting another little one in early Jan.

4. MicheleK

MicheleK Member

Oh Nikki, so very sorry this happened to you. Ouch! I know it must have been very upsetting in everyway. Missing out on seeing your son and grandchild, getting away for a bit, hurting yourself seemingly everywhere, and now having to go to a dentist to fix the teeth etc.. My heart goes out to you. Wishing you a quick recovery and a new trip (no pun intended. lol) in the near future. Get your teeth fixed so your grandbaby will recognize you! : )
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

I'm so very sorry but so glad your back didn't suffer any permanent damage. I am one month off of a fall and just now getting better. My fall is nothing compared to what happened to you. Prayers going up for a speedy recovery.

Love, Mikie
  6. Beadlady

Beadlady Member

Sorry to hear about your fall and I hope your body heals fast.

I am King of the Klutz club so I elect you Queen. :)

I bought something new the other day for pain. It is a roll-on and its called "Stop Pain Cold" It's made by Troy Healthcare. I think it works good.
  7. mbofov

mbofov Active Member

I am so sorry for your fall! I agree, not being able to see your son and his family would be the worst part of it. I have twin 40-year old sons and grandchildren in Texas (too far away!) who I only see about once a year, and it would be devastating to miss seeing them.

I'm really glad your back is okay though. That is rather amazing.

I hope you recover quickly and are able to make the trip again soon (no pun intended either!) And congratulations on the new baby on the way -