Weekend Tension Headaches

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by debbiejarr, Sep 26, 2012.

1. debbiejarr

debbiejarr New Member

I was diagonsed with FMA about 20 years ago. For about 8 years I have been getting tension headaches only on days off from work (weekends and holidays).
    I am just now starting to think it might be FMA related but cannot figure out why I am not getting them every day. Does anyone else have this problem?
  2. harrysmom

harrysmom Member

Will add my two cents worth, but it might help.

I have CFS and Fibro. I was a teacher for around 30 years. Every morning of the week I got up around 5 or so to leave for work at 7. Went to bed around 9:30 every night. During all those years I had no problem with headaches during the week, but many weekends I had either a migraine or tension headache and eventually I narrowed it down to the fact that I was off schedule with the sleeping and getting out of bed on the weekends. Instead of getting up at 5 I was sleeping til 9 or 10 in the morning, then dragging through the day. Also, as soon as we had to turn the central heat on in the late Fall or Winter my sinuses got real dried out and this seemed to bring on headaches, too.

Good Luck.
  3. Holly-Admin

Holly-Admin Administrator

I'd second freida's suggestions, looking at anything different in your environment, schedule, eating habits, activity level, etc.

I too suffered from terrible headaches every weekend. They would even happen around the same time of day, like clockwork.

Took a while, but I finally realized that on the weekends I was skipping my usual work-day afternoon cup of tea and was going through caffeine withdrawal.

I hope you figure out what's causing your headaches.