Weekly journey

Discussion in 'Spirituality/Worship' started by danny3861, Aug 16, 2004.

1. danny3861

danny3861 New Member

You are on the winning team, so act like a winner!

Sometime you can forget who you are. You lose sight of the goal, your purpose, and your Leader. It happens. You can become overwhelmed, disheartened, and distracted. You start to feel down and may even begin thinking and acting like you are a loser. You let the things of the world drag you down and start behaving as though you have no future.

When you feel down it is almost always the result of not looking up! You were Divinely created by God. He loves you and sent His Son to die for you. So look up! Remember that you are on the winning team lead by Jesus Christ! Your future in Christ is bright, glorious, and certain when you follow Him. You are a winner! So get up and celebrate life in Jesus Christ!

You may have let the things of the world and those around you get you down. Now you know to look up and celebrate a Heavenly victory in Christ. - Gail Lindsay

"I press on toward the goal to win the prize for which God has called me heavenward in Christ Jesus." Philippians 3:14
  2. Montysmum

Montysmum New Member

It felt like that was written directly to me, I have such a hard time accepting that God loves me, as I am. I have no trouble agreeing He loves the world, etc, I just have trouble accepting it includes me!
    I ahve definitely been letting the world drag me down, have become very disheartened etc, so a timely reminder, thank you.
    Linda.
  3. PrayerWarrior316

PrayerWarrior316 New Member

Our Lord Jesus wants us to face every trouble of life with a positive outlook because if we will look into the future from God’s perspective, we can see the glory of God in the distance. No matter how difficult our troubles are now, God wants us to look up to Him rather than being consumed by our darkness in the here and now.

Blessings, Judy