Weeping scatching eyes any one else?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by beans, Nov 24, 2002.

1. beans

beans New Member

Does any one else have weepy eyes most of the time?

My eyes are often scratching looking and they just weep as if I am crying.

Then they get achy.

I carried cloth hankies with me to wipe eyes.

Often people think I am up set or crying because of eyes.
    Extra sore and weepy today.
    beans

2. beans

beans New Member

Does any one else have weepy eyes most of the time?

My eyes are often scratching looking and they just weep as if I am crying.

Then they get achy.

I carried cloth hankies with me to wipe eyes.

Often people think I am up set or crying because of eyes.
    Extra sore and weepy today.
    beans

3. LisaMay

LisaMay New Member

And I thought I was the only one... It has been over a month now that my eyes are constantly watering over. They itch so bad I could scratch my eyes out. In the morning the are so puffy that you can hardly see them. I have associated this symptom along with my headaches and dizzy spells. Maybe they have nothing to do with the other, I don't know.

No more tears, Lisa
  4. teach6

teach6 New Member

It doesn't sound like what you are describing, but my eyes tear up in the cold. They have for years. The right eye is worse than the left. It used to happen between my car and the school when I was teaching. Now it happens when I'm out with my dog. It's the pits because I do look I'm crying and I'm not. I don't have the scratchy part, though.

Barbara
  5. tamara123

tamara123 New Member

Yes, I also suffer from this, it has been diagnosed as "Dry Eyes"....and is a common condition of Fibro......losts of drops. I just saw an opthamologist about this and he is trying a couple new things....I have to wash my eyelids with this special eyewash, and spray liposomes on my eyelids, its been 2 weeks and I have found it to be worse....they feel so dry I look like ive been crying all the time.
  6. twjen

twjen New Member

Beans, Just wanted to say me too. Mine are also red all around them and puffy, and sleepy looking, bloodshot, and weepy (runny) constantly with this latest flare (2 months so far). I didnt think it was to do with fibro. but maybe it is. SEE U>
  7. tes

tes New Member

I have had this problem as long as I can remember. Even as a little girl my mom said my eyes always teared. If I laugh, they tear, if I go into the cold they tear. It's seems weird, eh!! Now, I have also noticed pain behind my right eyeball and it seems to be worse in the evening. Hope you can get some relief soon. Take Care. Tes