Weight fluctuations and FM, please read

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by Chelz, Feb 1, 2010.

1. Chelz

Chelz New Member

I had posted a while back that I had started an exercise program. I started very slow, but am now up to half an hour on the stationary bike. I have been steady now, at 30 minutes for 8 weeks now.

My problem is this, some days I really do feel lighter, and other days I feel like I gained a few pounds, very strange. I do remember reading on this message board of fellow FM'ers who say that they feel their weight can fluctuate from day to day.

Some days I just feel so bloated and I feel like my efforts on the bike is not paying off, however, there are other days when I feel it is working, although it's working very slow.

Years ago, I was on antidepressant drugs that caused a huge 100 pound weight gain, I struggled for years to take off just half that weight, the other half of the weight never came off after the drugs, I do wonder sometimes if those horrible drugs ruined my metabolism or something, or could it just be that I'm now 44 and my FM is getting in the way of my weight loss. Currently, I only take supplements (Omega 3, CoQ10, magnesium, and a probiotic)

I do eat better now, such as whole grain toast in the morning, plain yogurt with blueberries, an apple for a snack, but sometimes I will blow it with a few cookies, LOL. Lunch is a salad and dinner is whatever I want, just in a smaller portion.

I won't go to my doctor for the simple reason that she won't say anything. I had my thyroid checked a few years ago and it is in the "normal range" I also had my T3 and T4 thyroid checked as well. As long as the test says "normal range" doctors don't suggest anything for you.

Last week I felt better, today and yesterday I felt like I had gained a few pounds, doesn't make much sense to me, but if it is FM, that would just about sum up the fact that it doesn't make sense. My family tells me I am too hard on myself, but I don't think so, I can burn up to 230 calories in a half an hour workout, and I do this now everyday no matter how hard it is, so I am becoming a little discouraged. Thanks for listening, Hugs, Chelz.