Weight Loss Surgery

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by shep, Mar 15, 2006.

1. shep

shep New Member

I am interested in hearing from anyone who has had bariatric surgery?

Is this procedure still covered my Medicare? How long did it take you to become approved? What is involved in getting approved?

What was your "surgery" experience like? before and after. How long before you could get back to a "normal" day?

Were you able to take your regular pain medications?

Describe your experience of the surgery and post-op? diet, activity, pain level, food intake and emotional state.

Would you do it over again?

Thanks to all who reply?
    Shep
  2. chris350

chris350 New Member

Shep,

I had the surgery on 07/24/04. Best thing I ever did in my life. I have lost over 100lbs and need to lose about 50lb more which I am slowly losing. I gained 150lbs in 3 months when I found out something was wrong back in early 2004. I tested positive for Lupus. Put me a HUGE dose of Prednisone and I gained the 150lbs. I hated that stuff and it did not help. When I stopped taking it I could not lose weight and I had always been athletic.

My email is wcombs5722@aol.com. Put in the subj. ?? about surgery if you have more questions, I will be happy to answer them or talk to you. I know several people that have had the surgery for various reasons and yes you will be able to take you meds when you get home if every thing goes right.