weight loss tips

Discussion in 'General Health & Wellness' started by mikegary, Feb 10, 2015.

1. mikegary

mikegary Member

Easy way to lose weight follow the instruction below:

Diets that cut out entire groups of food, such as carbs or fat, are simply impractical, not to mention unhealthy. The key is moderation.

Diets that severely cut calories, restrict certain foods, or rely on ready-made meals might work in the short term but don’t include a plan for maintaining your weight, so the pounds quickly come back.

When you drastically restrict your food intake, your metabolism will temporarily slow down. Once you start eating normally, you’ll gain weight until your metabolism bounces back.

Special shakes, meals, and programs are not only expensive, but they aren’t practical for long-term weight loss.

When diets make you feel deprived, it’s easy to fall off the wagon. Healthy eating is about the big picture. An occasional splurge won’t kill your efforts.

If the food served isn’t on your specific diet plan, what can you do?
    Last edited: Feb 11, 2015
    juliawills likes this.
  2. Informative post thanx for sharing your post.
  3. juliawills

juliawills Member

Great tips for the weight loose
    I just want to know aerobics and cardio is good for weight loose?
    because I joined gym before 2 months but i loose just 2 KG which is not good. can you please tell me some more good tips for weight loose at home. My coach gave me diet chart and I follow his diet chart.
  4. soniya

soniya Member

Aerobics & Cardio is very helpful in weight loss , any exercise n activity that flow sweat is very helpful in weight loss. you should also follow diet chart. n continue do exercise after achieving your goal because whatever you eat , exercise will help in not to gain fat again.
  5. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

What docs and researchers are finding is that one needs to strive for good health and the weight loss will follow. Most agree that cardio is good for the heart and lungs and amps up the metabolism. It is also excellent for brain function. They say one must work out 40 mins. every day. Most of us just cannot do this if we suffer from exhaustion/fatigue. I have started running in the shallow end of the pool for 30 mins. three times a week. This seems to be adequate and I lost 16 pounds just from exercise with no diet change. BTW, I was a carboholic (I have since dropped all bad carbs for my blood sugar--see below). BTW, my good cholesterol increased with this workout. I did this under my doc's supervision as we all should before entering into an exercise or diet program.

It is necessary to reach one's target heart rate for cardio to be effective. The formula for that rate is as follows: Take your age from 220; that is the maximum heart rate you should reach. Take 80 percent of your maximum heart rate and it gives you your targeted heart rate. For example: A 70 year old's maximum heart rate is 150 (220-70) Eighty percent is 120, the targeted heart rate. It is necessary to reach this rate and keep it for at least 20 mins. If you cannot talk or sing while you are working out, your heart rate is too high. You don't need an expensive workout bracelet. You can buy a water-resistant heart rate monitor to wear on your wrist for less than $40.

My fasting blood sugar has crept up a couple of ticks each year until it was 105 last time my doc ordered lab work. He is happy with that but I am not. I eliminated all bad carbs and starches. I lost another 10 pounds for a total of 26 pounds. My friends and I have posted about what we have learned about blood sugar and how eating bad carbs can lead to Type II Diabetes. It also affects all the body's systems and is dangerous. Our posts are at the top here. We got the book, "Diabetes Without Drugs," by Suzy Cohen. It is an excellent book for everyone.

Finally, most health gurus today focus on good gut health through probiotics, exercise, eating superfoods and eliminating bad carbs. We can get all the carbs we need through fruit and veggies. I still use whole Lactaid milk on my cereal and in my coffee. I don't drink it otherwise. My cereal is Kellogg's Bran Buds and it is the one carb I allow myself right now. One third of a cup provides half the daily requirement for fiber. I put berries, nuts, hemp seeds and chia seeds on it (these are superfoods).

My weight loss has been a silver lining of striving for better health. I have been able to cut my blood pressure pills in half and hope to be able to get off of them completely. My blood sugar is improved and my cholesterol lipid panels are great. This doesn't happen overnight but now, the weight loss is better than I could have ever imagined. I don't miss the carbs and love my salads and green drinks I make in my NutriBullet. I eat fish, red meat and poultry in acceptable amounts. I am never hungry. It is carbs which keep us hungry and never satisfied. If all this seems undoable, do it for a week. Most of us can do anything for a week if we know we are doing something really great for our bodies. At the end of a week, just do it for another week. Keep a journal of how you feel and what you eat. Some of us don't realize how bad our lifestyle choices have been. This new way of gaining better health isn't a diet; it's new lifestyle choices.

Good luck to anyone who decides to make better choices. There is a lot of support here. My friends and I here have posted and supported one another on the Chit Chat Forum because we all drop in on the Porch messages. We welcome anyone who would like to join us on our virtual porch. We talk about most anything 'cept religion and politics. It is a good chance to get away from what ails us for a bit or, if we want to, we can also talk about what ails us. BTW, PBS has some excellent programs on this topic with experts on gaining good health.

Love, Mikie
  6. rooseanistonn

rooseanistonn Member

Hello, everyone
    I think weight loss is very easy follow by this instruction.
    Early morning walking , yoga, running and cycling use with techniques easily weight loss very fast.
    Daily diet control not take heavy breakfast.
    Like coffee, green tea also has many benefits, one of them being weight loss.
    If you want to get all the benefits of carb restriction, then consider taking this all the way and going on a low carb diet. And use for think healthy life---------------
  7. lesathomas

lesathomas Member

Hi,
    Nice tips. Yes, proper diet and daily exercise is good for weight loss. But walking is best exercise for weight loss. Walking is the simplest way of exercise and it helps to balance how many calories your burn each day with the calories that you eat can help you lose weight.
    Thanks .......
  8. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

Unfortunately, not everyone can work out, even walking. People with CFIDS/ME and FMS do not usually get energized by exercising; to the contrary, exercising causes severe exhaustion. My workouts deplete my energy but I do them anyway to try to keep my heart healthy. That is why I cannot do them every day. I have sciatica and walking on hard surfaces causes it to flare. I can only walk and run in the pool. I can use a stationary bicycle for aerobic exercise and the elliptical machine is good as well. Like with everything else, those of us with these conditions have to just do the best we can.

Love, Mikie
    topazann likes this.
  9. beckeyB

beckeyB Member

Hii #Mikie
    your post is really good. But i have some doubt in my mind regarding weight loss products like weight loss pills. i read many positive reviews about the pills but Am still in doubt . What you think i should take this pills or not.

Attached Files:

10. Billoy Joe

Billoy Joe Member

I will make this true to lose weight of my mother. She is so fat which is really embarrassing for her. Every she can't work perfectly. Hope this will help her to lose weight. Thanks!
  11. adamcollin

adamcollin Member

I tried the acupuncture therapy at Corrective Chiropractic & Wellness. It was helpful in reducing weight.
  12. lesathomas

lesathomas Member

Hi,
    Walking is very simple activity and for that you don't need to pay any cost. It has huge advantage for health like, high blood pressure, reduced risk of heart disease, reduced type 2 diabetes, preventing breast cancer. You can walk whatever our age at any time. And yes many people walk for just to stay healthy.

Thank you....
    topazann likes this.
  13. stream26

stream26 Member

Don't eat takeaways, ever, and cut out fizzy drinks - loaded with sugar. Re-think your diet and get into the habit of healthy eating. It is these boring things that will really affect your body shape. If you can, go to a gym at least three times a week - and work till you sweat, or consider to invest a amount of money for a home gym ! You will get to love it! It is a myth that it is easy to lose weight if you just cut down a little - it is very hard to lose fat and maintain weight loss without adapting your lifestyle, as you will find out it you don't do it! Good luck.
    topazann likes this.
  14. loungfrank

loungfrank Member

Great post. Its really helful for those who want to lose their weight. But I want to gain my weight. Can you please share me weight gain tips.
  15. Carrybean

Carrybean Member

Great tips for weight loss. I will surely follow this in order to lose weight without any harm.
  16. Jabranken

Jabranken Member

Informative post here. I would like to follow those tips. Thanks!
  17. smithj

smithj Member

Here are a few tips;

WHAT to drink for losing weight...

• Drink 6-8 glasses of water every day !
    Can be tap, plain, mineral, sparkling. I just love mineral sparkling water!
    This improves your bowel, reduces the "hunger" sensation, and hydrates your skin. Your skin will look much better after the first weeks!
    Don't believe the slogan "water makes me fat". Beside being stupid... you might get into serious troubles with your kidneys.
    • Drink ONLY natural juices, freshly squeezed!
    Don't drink Coca Cola, Pepsi, Spite etc. during the diet. Even lite or light versions.
    • Avoid those vending machines by carrying around your own healthful foods and leaving pocket change at home.
  18. Mikie

Mikie Moderator

What works for one person may not be the best for another. Someone asked about taking diet pills. I advise against it. They don't work long term and can be dangerous. Diet and exercise, if one can exercise, is the best regimen. Even walking may be out of the question for our most seriously ill members. When I was bedridden most of the time, all I could get out of bed to do was to use the bathroom.

Love, Mikie
  19. Maithyl16

Maithyl16 Member

Wow......the instructions are really awesome. Hope that these will work for me.
  20. ludhiyaparker

ludhiyaparker Member

Fast metabolism is an important factor in weight loss. If the weight loss process has slowed or even stopped, it is not necessary to be conscious about your diet or exhaust yourself physically demanding. Just follow these simple guidelines to speed up your metabolism to lose weight easily.
    1. Add Cardio:
    Recent studies have shown that active 45-minute of cycling prolongs burning calories for another 14 hours after a workout. Dr. David Niemen an Appalachian University professor said that 2-3 active cardio for 45 minutes a week can help lose about 500 grams of fat for two weeks.

2. Don’t Skip Breakfast:
    Every morning, each one of us need energy, so within an hour after waking up it is necessary to eat a healthy breakfast to keep your metabolism at optimal levels. And HERE you will find the most delicious recipes of dishes that will make your morning really good.

3. Be Sure to Dine:
    Until now, many people think that skipping dinner can help quickly get rid of unwanted kilograms. But it is not so. Six meals per day is the optimal ratio which helps not only to speed up the metabolism, but also to get all the necessary nutrients.

4. Fight Stress:
    Stress not only damages the nervous system, but also reduces the rate of metabolism. All because of cortisol (the stress hormone), When its concentration in the blood is above normal, the metabolism slows down. At the first sign of stress try to take deep breaths .The best way to combat stress help classes in yoga.