Weight loss.

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by ikumdo, Feb 28, 2007.

1. ikumdo

ikumdo New Member

I know some people her with cfs/fibro talk a lot about the weight gain because of the lack of mobility. But anyone have a problem with weight loss? I mean, all my life my weight has fluctuated up and down very easily. I never knew why. Now I believe it's because of the cfs/fibro which I believe I've had since childhood. Recently it's been hard for me to maintain my average weight. It might be because of the change in diet or whatever I don't know. I'm just wondering if anyone else has experienced this also.
  2. StephieBee

StephieBee New Member

Have you treated your CFS/Fibro with prescription medications?

There are medications with various side effects....sometimes weight gain. They may cause your hunger to increase, or even if you arent eating any differently, it could be due to the med lowering your metabolism.

There a some meds out there that cause nausea. Im sure when you get on these meds that you dont eat as much which may cause you to lose some weight. There are a couple of drugs that I can think of that weight loss is actually a major side effect.

Of course we know that lack of mobility isnt helping anything as far as taking off extra weight or putting on muscle....and I truly wish I could right now but Im dealing with a herniated disc that is pinching off my sciatic nerve.

If I can help you with anything else, just ask away!

Hugs,
    Steph
  3. Mini4Me

Mini4Me New Member

Yes,
    I have lost and continue to lose weight. I've always been average to thin, and now I'm getting worried about being too thin. I have no appetite. (I have fibro, migraines, degenerative disc disease and chronic myofascial pain).
    Best of luck...
    Mini
  4. LittleBluestem

LittleBluestem New Member

I gained some weight at one point, so was happy when it started falling off. I have reached the point that I do not need to lose more and have to be careful that I do not. A lack of appetite combined with a lack of energy causes me to eat insufficient meals if I am not careful.
  5. ikumdo

ikumdo New Member

Thanks everyone for your replys. My weight is still up and down. Mostly down these days. My appetite is not good. Docs can't find anything wrong, you know the story. Saw a eurologist last week, all he could tell was what the fibro doc already told me. I have PID, and they can't really do anything about it but give me miscle relaxers. I'm going to try some trigger point therapy somewhere somehow. Hopefully that will help the pain and then I will feel like eating again.