Weight loss?

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by CarolDonz, Feb 3, 2003.

1. CarolDonz

CarolDonz New Member

Dr. Mazlen mentions weight gain in his CFS list of symptoms, yet most of the people I know have lost weight. Dr. Enlander, another Dr. in this field, mentioned weight loss on his webpage, and so does the literature published by the CFIDS association. Can anyone verify one or the other?

Thanks,
    Carol
  2. Doznclan

Doznclan New Member

Hi, new here..I'll admit it, I've gained since I started to notice something was up. I was diagnosed about this time last year, but have been trying to figure out what in the world was going on for about 10 years..you know the story.
    Most people I know with it, have gained. Just be glad you aren't! :) And, remember, weight loss can be a sign of other things, remind your dr. to look at your weight loss.
    Doznclan
  3. Madelyn

Madelyn New Member

I have lost weight and can't put it on, though I try like heck. Over the summer, I couldn't stop losing. It was a BAD summer here for people like us. I have stabilized now.
    Now, I was never heavy but I know this is a symptom of the DD. My range used to be about 110-128, with a stretch at almost 140 when I was having my kids and had taken Zoloft for a few months. Now I can't get over 97.
    Madelyn