weight- PLEASE HELP

Discussion in 'Fibromyalgia Main Forum' started by kats1978, Jul 19, 2003.

1. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

ALL MY LIFE I HAVE NEVER HAD TO WORRY AOUT WEIGHT. I AM NOW 24 YRS OLD, I DON'T HAVE A MAN, IS THERE ANY HEALTH REASON FOR ME TO GAIN 20 PDS IN 4 MONTHS? 10 OVER MY NORMAL HIGH.... I LOOK FATTER BUT THERE IS NO FAT-SKINS ON ME.
  2. lmn

lmn New Member

could be the meds you're taking. many of us, myself included, have gained weight becuase of different meds. also, fm pain tends to make us less active, which in turn causes us to gain weight.
    does this sound familiar?
    best,
    lmn
  3. kats1978

kats1978 New Member

I AM NOT TAKING FMS MEDS UNLESS YOU COUNT CAPSAICIN CREAM BECAUSE OF MY BODY REJECTS THEM AND THE DOC DOESN'T FEEL THAT IT IS IMPOTANT BEAUSE I DON'T TEND TO OVER WORK MY BODY
  4. Annette2

Annette2 New Member

Have you had your thyroid checked? Perhaps you have a sluggish thyroid and don't know it. It's a simple blood test. If that doesn't come up with anything, try seeing a nutritionist. Maybe you need to change your diet. A lot of people with FMS have trouble processing carbs. Try cutting out white sugar, white flour and processed foods. I hope this helps.

Annette2
  5. fibrodoll

fibrodoll New Member

Is it possible that you are a little depressed and eating more than usual? Also maybe you aren't getting enough exercise.

I hope I haven't offened you. Valley